Stay tuned for the birthday party and his Elmo Cake!!
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
2 whole eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4-5 Oreos, crushed to crumbs (use your food processor)
8 oz packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups powder sugar
5-6 Oreos, crushed
1.Preheat the oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with liners.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
3. Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and cream together for 5-7 minutes (scrape the bowl when needed).
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
5. Turn the speed to low, add the flour mixture and milk, alternate starting and ending with flour until just mixed.
6. Divide the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
7. While the cupcakes are cooling, combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.