Delightful seasonal after dinner treat. Spiced Pumpkin Coffee has strong cinnamon and pumpkin flavors.
Hot cocktail time!! I know it’s not winter (barely even fall) yet but I felt like a hot cocktail.
All this pumpkin excitement around and obviously, I can’t get enough of it. I really wanted to make a pumpkin pie martini but changed my mind at the last second. I was at the wine store and saw Rumchata, that was it. I’ve been meaning to get some and try it in coffee for the longest time. So I did! Have you had Rumchata yet? It’s cinnamon flavored creamy liqueur and it is really good.
Next, what goes very well with cinnamon? Why pumpkin, of course! So now we have pumpkin, we have cinnamon creamy liqueur and coffee. Almost perfect…
What I needed to do was spice it up some more. Fireball! Pow!
Cinnamon/sugar rim is completely optional here. It would really depend on your sweet tooth. If you like sweet cocktails or desserts, then go for it. Otherwise, I’d recommend omitting it. It looks really nice but I did end up wiping some of it off because I found it a little too sweet for me. (I wipe off sugar rims when I’m out at a bar too. Just personal preference.)
Spiced Pumpkin After-Dinner Coffee
- 1 1/4 oz Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 3/4 oz Rumchata
- 8 oz strong coffee preferably pumpkin spice flavored
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Cinnamon/sugar rim is optional
- *Cinnamon/Sugar rim is optional: pour a little Fireball in a shallow dish and mix some cinnamon and sugar in another shallow dish. Dip an empty glass first in Fireball then in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Brew fresh coffee. Mix coffee and pumpkin puree while it is hot until all combined.
- Add Fireball and Rumchata to the coffee glass and pour in coffee mixture.
- Add some Sweet'N Low to taste. (I'd start with 1/2 packet per glass and taste.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Cocktails: