8-10 manicotti pasta
1 1/2 cup Marinara sauce
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tbs olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped cooked spinach
2 tbs minced basil
1 tbs minced parsley
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Cook the manicotti pasta until ready. (Add oil to the boiling water and then add manicotti one at at time. That will keep the pasta from sticking to each other).
2. In a small skillet, preheat the olive oil.
3. Add the chopped onion and the sliced mushrooms. Once mushrooms are cooked, take off heat
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the grated garlic, ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, cooked mushroom mixture, fresh basil, fresh parsley, 1/2 shredded cheese, salt and pepper. Mix very well
5. Take the manicotti carefully and stuff with the ricotta mixture a little bit at a time.
(Don’t worry if you manicotti rips, just press together and try to close the rip, the place ripped side down on the baking dish)
6. Spread about 2/3 cup of Marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking pan
7. Place the stuffed manicotti on top of the sauce. Finish stuffing all the manicotti shells with ricotta mixture
8. Top with another cup of Marinara sauce. Spread evenly.
9. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
10. Bake for 25-20 minutes
* I am linking this recipe to the Thursday and Friday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!