(sorry I didn’t take process pictures, it was 11 pm, and I was exhausted)
For the Cake:
1 1/2 cups of butter
3 3/4 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of milk
For the Filling:
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup purees strawberries
1 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
For the Frosting:
2 cups shortening
5 cups of powdered sugar
2 tsp clear vanilla extract
1 cup of heavy cream
1. Allow butter and eggs to stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Grease two 9 in round cake pans and one 8 in round cake pan
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for about a minute
4. Gradually add sugar, beat for 2-3 minutes
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition
6. Beat in vanilla
7. Alternating, add flour and milk to the butter mixture.
8. Spread batter into the cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
9. In a mixing bowl, beat the pureed strawberries, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla.
10. Beat the shortening for a couple of minutes
11. Add sugar and vanilla, mix, then beat for about a minute.
12. Add the heavy cream and beat for 3-4 minutes until soft and fluffy.