Anyone out there that loves hummus as much as I do? I sure hope so because I have a new flavor to share with you today. I just made some easy Roasted Garlic & Dill Hummus and couldn’t wait to share it with you!
I love hummus! It’s my favorite snack and guess what? It’s a healthy snack! I always get some cucumbers when I know that I’ll be making it because hummus rocks with cucumbers. Wheat pita chips are a close second to dip in hummus.
I often play around with flavors, there are just so many possibilities. Recently, I got my hands on some fresh dill weed (since mine hasn’t started growing yet) at a farmer’s marker and I thought it would be perfect in hummus. I just love the taste of fresh herbs, makes all the difference in the world!
Garlic also taste completely different fresh vs roasted. Sometimes I like fresh garlic, but sometimes, I prefer the taste of roasted. Most of the time, I don’t feel like taking everything out of the over (yes, I use it for extra storage in my teeny kitchen, hehe) and preheating it just to make a few cloves of roasted garlic. So a quick, easy way of roasting it is in a hot pan, for a few second. Smells amazing too!
Roasted Garlic & Dill Hummus
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 1 medium lemon about 2 tbs of juice from it
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs minced fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grape-seed oil a little more for drizzle
- Preheat the pan on medium high with just a little bit of oil. Cut the garlic cloves in a few pieces and add to the hot pan. Saute until until fragrant, on both sides (about 30-40 seconds on each side).
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and drizzle with some grape seed oil and some more dill weed.
- Serve with pita, pita chips or veggies.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
PLEASE NOTE: I switched the email delivery system! The switch happened in the middle of March. If you subscribed before then, PLEASE re-subscribe in the side bar! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
Here are a couple more Hummus recipes: