2 1/2 oz swiss cheese
1 oz butter + some for greasing the souffle dish
3/4 oz plain flour
9 fl oz milk
salt, pepper & grated nutmeg
~ Preheat the oven to 350
1. Separate the egg whites from yolk and beat the whites with an electric mixer until they get thickly.
2. Prepare the béchamel (white sauce) :
-melt the butter in a saucepan, medium heat
-pour the flour on it while stirring with a wooden spoon until well blended.
-Reduce the heat, start pouring a bit of milk and gently stir until it is incorporated. (pour all the milk). Never stop stirring.
-Continue about 10 minutes until the béchamel is ready (it must get thick).
3. Add enough nutmeg, salt & pepper, and remove from fire.
4. Add the grated cheese, then the yolks
5.Turn vigourously to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
6. Gently incorporate the egg whites with a rubber spatula.
7. Pour the mixture equally into the 4 soufflé dishes, fill them about 3/4
8. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes, the soufflés must rise and get golden brown.
Do not open oven door for they would deflate.
* I am linking this recipe to the Saturday and Sunday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!