“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Good Table®. The opinions and text are all mine.”
Awesomeness of this dish in not just in the taste but also in ease of preparation. Juicy pork loin rolled with lots of cheese, roasted tomato sauce and breaded in southwest flavored bread crumbs.
Easy and unbelievably tasty dinner is right at your fingertips here. This dish only has four ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to put together. I tried this new product from General Mills, The Good Table® sauce and crust mix, and I was very surprised that I didn’t need any additional flavoring ingredients as I usually do with any kind of pre-made sauce or bread crumbs mix. I even add more flavor to Italian bread crumbs mix every time I use it. As soon as I opened these bread crumbs and sauce, I tasted it to see what I should add to it to bring out the flavors. Turns out nothing! Bread crumbs already had a hint of lime and spice that I was planning on adding and sauce had the perfect amount of spice and great roasted tomato flavor.
I found these sauce/coating mixes at WalMart and I’m going back to try each flavor. These are four flavors available, Parmesan & Herb, Southwest Tortilla, Thai Peanut and Lemon & Herb. And I love that the entire line of The Good Table’s sauce and coating mixes contain no MSG, artificial flavors, artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup.
This is a perfect weeknight dinner after a busy day. You can easily put these rollups together in 10 minutes or you can have a fun family time by making them together. Have your significant other or kids tenderize the pork while you prep, or the other way around. Or, you can get kids to help spread the sauce and cheese over pork before you roll it up.
There is also a good chance that you will have quite a bit of bread crumbs left over. You don’t have to use them all for breading the pork. You can set some aside to lightly bread asparagus and roast it. Or, you can bread green beans and also roast them in the oven. Both would make a great side dish.
Southwest Pork Rollups
- 18 oz Pork loin
- 1 package The Good Table® Southwest Flavor
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Cut pork loin in 1-inch thick slices. Place a slice of pork in a zip-lock bag and pound it out to a thin slice, but don't make it too thin so it will tear and don't make any holes. Repeat with the rest of pork slices.
- Place bread crumbs from the package in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a cast iron skillet or a baking dish.
- Spread about a tablespoon of roasted tomato sauce from The Good Table® package on top of pork. Spread a couple of tablespoons of cheese over the sauce. Roll pork slice and coat it in bread crumbs. Repeat with the rest of the pork loin slices.
- Place rolled and breaded pork into the skillet (or a baking pan) and bake for 30-33 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.