Black Forest Cake Recipe
of cherry coke
it will reduce to 1/2 cup of syrup
of vegetable oil
important for cherry flavor
Whipped cream frosting
I used COOL Whip vanilla frosting, 15 oz
jar Maraschino cherries
keep refrigerated until ready to use
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line 3 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper circles. Lightly grease the pans and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, bring cherry coke to boil on medium high heat. Let it simmer on medium high heat until it reduces to 1/2 cup of syrup (about 10 minutes.) Let it cool a little.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients.
4. Sift in the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk until all combined.
5. Separate the batter between the 3 cake pan equally.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cakes stand in the pans for about 10 minutes before taking them out. After taking the cakes out of the pan, cool them completely before frosting.
8. Use whipped cream frosting between the layers and some maraschino cherries.
9. After frosting the cake, grate the chocolate bar all over the cake. I suggest putting a large towel underneath while grating the chocolate. Top off with a few more maraschino cherries.
I found this recipe on willcookforsmiles.com