Blueberry Sparkles Cocktail

Its starting to get hot her in FL. I have been spoiled by the 80s weather in May and apparently the mother nature decided that I have had enough of being spoiled. Today the weather got into the 90s…yikes, it will only get worse from here.
Since its starting to get hot, I made a nice cooling cocktail for us with dinner. Simple, delicious and perfectly cooling.

Makes 2

1/2 cup of blueberries
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
16 oz sparkling wine (I like Verdi)
crashed ice (about 1/4 of each glass)

1. Split the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar between two glasses.
2. Smash the blueberries in the bottom the the glass.
3. Add the crashed ice.
4. Slowly pour in the sparkling wine.

Enjoy!!!

* I am linking this recipe to   THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?

Comments

1. Artsyvava says:

Yum! Sounds like it would be a refreshing cocktail to have by the pool!!!

2. SusieQTpies says:

I love your blog! You always come up with the neatest ideas. I would LOVE for you to pop over and link this up in my Red White and Blue linky! It would be fun having you!

Susie

3. Luyba,
    What a refreshing drink, yum!   Hope you have a great holiday week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

4. Veronica says:

Yum! What a good summer drink recipe :) I love blueberries!

5. YUM!

6. Great share, Luyba!
    I just pinned your  yummy blueberry cocktail.  I’ll be making this on vacation in a couple of weeks!  I saw your link at Here Comes the Sun ~ Fabulous Friday!  Hope you have a great weekend!  Cheers ~ Mary  (SweetLittleBluebird.com)

7. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy it :)

8. Healthymommyhealthybaby says:

Mmmmm….I wish I had one of these in my hand right now! Would love it if you linked this up at my hop this weekend:http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/05/sweet-saturday-6-memorial-day-recipes.html. There’s also another cocktail recipe featured there today you might like!

Found you via Foodie Friday btw ;)

-Jessica

9. Kelly@ Here Comes the Sun says:

This looks very refreshing!  We just picked a ton of blueberries the other day. I need to get me some wine and try this.  Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Friday.

10. Amanda Randall says:

This looks absolutely amazing! I will definitely be trying these this summer :)

I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out,
    Martha!’s link up party: Martha Mondays (every Monday through Wednesday)! Hope
    to see you there!

11. WillCookForSmiles says:

Hope you try it soon! Thank you!

12. Looks so cooling!  Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

13. Mindiehilton says:

Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

14. Jaime at Crafty Scrappy Happy says:

ohhh YUM I am so making this.  Thank you SO much for linking up and for getting me SUPER excited!!!  MMMM!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

15. Yum! That looks good…perfect for summer. I’d love it if you would consider sharing it with our Summer Recipes linky party. We’re two blogs sharing one combined linky party for double exposure.

Shasta

16. Hey, this is just great.  Would you be happy to link it to
    Food on Friday
    : Mocktails and Cocktails

17. What a great idea!!

18. Camille Beckstrand says:

We appreciate you linking up with us!! It’s so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes!  We hope to see you back again soon!  -The Sisters

19. Looks amazing! Hope to try it out soon. Megan