These cupcakes are so special, they are probably the BEST ones I’ve ever tried! These Avocado Cupcakes are smooth, soft and moist.
They are so delicious!
You might be thinking that avocado in cupcakes might be a little strange but it was wonderful! It does not interfere with the cupcake flavors, it actually adds a subtle flavor. It’s barely noticeable, yet it’s a special touch.
I like to watch Cupcake Wars when there is nothing else good on TV. I’m not a big competition show fan but I like some of them. I heard a girl talk about making avocado cupcakes and I thought that it would be an interesting idea. So, I dug up my favorite recipe, which is actually a cake recipe that I cut in half. I used it in my Blackberry Daiquiri Cake and Strawberry Rose Cake. I’m so happy that I experimented and tried these cupcakes because they are wonderful!
The technique for these cupcakes is what makes the texture so soft and smooth. I’ve been told that the cake was the best cake and these cupcakes are now a close second (blushing a little.)
Cream cheese frosting is my absolute favorite frosting and it’s paired perfectly here.
Pure heaven, if you ask me!
- 1½ cups of flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup of milk + 1 tbs
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powder sugar
- ½ cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan with cupcake lines.
- Prepare all the ingredients and have them ready before starting the batter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Mash the avocado very well or even put it through food processor, set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower the mixer to medium, with mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
- Add the avocado mash.
- Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk on low speed. Starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!
If you enjoyed these, here are a few more!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!