Super easy and out-of-this-world delicious grilled salmon. This salmon is made on the grill and then topped with an amazing, 10-minute brown butter citrus sauce.
Oh, that crispy skin!
Oh, that juicy salmon!
Oh, that flavorful, buttery, citrus sauce!
All of that can be yours in just about 20 minutes. This is such a delicious, simple salmon dinner off the grill, it would make a beautiful weekend meal the whole summer long.
I can’t decide if the crispy skin or the delicious, simple sauce is my favorite part here. When it comes to fish, getting crispy skin is not something that is achieved every single time but when you do, it makes a beautiful texture and flavor. Add the smoked flavor from the grill with a beautiful citrus sauce, and you got a winning dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
To make your dinner complete, you can throw some veggies on the grill.
Some veggies will take longer to cook through than salmon, so you may need to start grilling veggies before the fish. Asparagus will go beautifully here or you can make a zucchini and summer squash mixture. Depending on how soft you like your veggies, asparagus and zucchini shouldn’t take more than 10-15 minutes to cook. Season veggies with salt and pepper and run them with oil before adding to the grill.
Some More Recipes To Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Grilled Salmon with Brown Butter Citrus Sauce
- 1 lb salmon with skin
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Oil to rub the salmon skin
- 1 large shallot
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 5-6 large basil leaves minced
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare salmon on the hot grill.
- Rub salmon skin with some oil and season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in the grill skin down and cook it, with the lid closed, just until it's opaque and firm to the touch. Depending on the thickness of salmon, it will take from 8 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat.
- Slice shallots thinly and add them to the pre-heated pan. Add butter to the pan and stir as it melts. Let butter simmer and get browned. It won't take long, especially in a stainless steel pan.
- Once butter is browned and gets a beautiful nutty aroma, add lemon and orange zest, minced basil, pinch of salt, and lemon and orange juices. Stir and let is simmer for just a couple of minutes. Take off heat.
- Once salmon is cooked, pour sauce over the whole salmon.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.