I just can’t stay away from making cheesecakes! I have another awesome cheesecake recipe to share with you. It’s Mini Cannoli Cheesecakes! A cheesecake with a hint of orange covered in cannoli filing and rolled in mini chocolate chips. Heaven!
I was going through one of my Food magazines and they had a recipe for ricotta cheesecake with almonds. It looked so delicious but for some reason, I got an idea for this cannoli cheesecake instead.
I absolutely love cannoli and in combination with cheesecake, it’s perfection! The smoothness of cheesecake combined with the lightness of cannoli filling is to die for. Add a light orange flavor to it and you have a refreshing, light dessert. Chocolate chips is just a “cherry” on top of this heavenly dessert.
I made these cheesecakes as individual desserts but you can make it into a full sized cheesecake very easily. Just use a spring form to bake your cheesecake and remember to adjust the baking time. Then cover the entire cheesecake with the filling, including the sides. Use your hand to add chocolate chips to the side of the cheesecake.
- 5-6 waffle cones
- 2 tbs butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 8-ounce packages of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Zest from ½ of medium orange
- Cannoli Filling:
- ⅔ cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ cup ricotta
- Remaining orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs sugar
- (1 tbs Amaretto, RECOMMENDED but I didn't' add it because of the little guy)
- About 1 cup of mini chocolate morsels
- Crust: Crush the waffle cones in the food processor. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla. Mix very well. Press the crushed waffle cones into the muffin pan cups, evenly, all over the bottom and a little bit up the side. Set aside.
- Start beating the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and sour cream into the cream cheese mixture. Add the eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition.
- Lower the speed to low and add orange zest, sugar, corn starch and salt. Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the muffin pan with crust, about ¾ full.
- Bake at 325, for about 18-20 minutes. Touch the centers with your finger to make sure it's done (It should still jiggle but not be gooey.)
- Cannoli filling:
- Beat the heavy cream and 2 tbs of sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer, until soft peaks appear.
- In a separate bowl, beat ricotta, sugar, vanilla (Amaretto if using) and orange zest for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly, fold the ricotta mixture into the whipped heavy cream until all incorporated.
- Make sure the cheesecakes are completely cooled before covering with cannoli filling.
- Add the chocolate chips to a shallow bowl and spread it out. Cover the sides of the mini cheesecakes with the filling and carefully roll it in the mini chips. Press them in lightly. Using a spatula, spread more filling on the top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Here is some more inspiration!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!