Chocolate and pumpkin make a great couple. Not like chocolate is not great with everything, but with pumpkin, it is pure joy. You will enjoy these soft, moist, super gooey pumpkin brownies. If you are a fan of gooey brownies, like me, it will be pure bliss for you.
When I was in grad school, my friend and I always had fun finding and pointing out typos and mistakes. It was funny to see it it publications. Even though we knew mistakes happen because we are just human and no matter how many people will read and edit it, there is still a chance that something will fall through the cracks. We just always it was odd to see typos in things like textbooks and scientific journals.
Well, it’s not so funny now that it happened to me. Yes, I already know that I have typos on my site…a lot of them, I’m sure. I can read right over an error and not even notice it until someone points it out. When you’re close to what you’re writing, your mind just reads it as you intended it and not always noticing mistakes. But, I’m not talking about this blog, I’m talking about my book.
I recently had a reader email me and tell me that there is a typo in my book. Now, if it was just a typo, I many not have worried as much, but it’s a typo in ingredients! Ouch!
There is a typo in the ingredients for these Pumpkin Brownies and it’s a pretty big one. The ingredients list “cup” of salt instead of “tsp.” I really hope that people would quickly understand that it’s a mistake because 1/2 cup of salt would be quite severe. Really, all you need is a touch of salt for flavor balance. Even though it’s an obvious mistake, it now has me completely freaked out and paranoid. I mean, there were two more people editing, in addition to me, I still can’t believe we missed it.
So, since I made a boo-boo, you get a freebie! I hope you enjoy these ooey-gooey pumpkin brownies. (And remember, just a touch of salt!)
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, and then add chocolate chips, vanilla, and brown sugar. Keep stirring with a silicone-covered whisk until melted and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in buttermilk until combined.
- Whisk in eggs until combined and smooth.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all smooth and all incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the 9x13 baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 34–37 minutes.
- *Tip: bake brownies for about 5 more minutes if you don’t like them too gooey.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)