Father’s Day week continues here on Will Cook For Smiles with The Whiskey Burger! Yes, a burger doesn’t get manlier than this. Juicy, thick burger with sauteed mushrooms and onions, bacon and topped with whiskey sauce!
We are continuing the Father’s day feast with a manly burger! I hope that Father’s day weekend will be nice outside because you know how much our men love their grills! It’s probably what the dads look forward to the most on that day, breaking out their grills.
We are starting off our hurricane season with Andrea. The weather has been so yucky the whole week, nothing but rain. I’m hoping there won’t be any storms for a while.
I wish you nice weather! But if you are having bad weather on Father’s day, this burger is just as perfect made in the pan!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour for roux
- 1 tbsp soft unsalted butter for roux
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 Burger patties
- 4 Burger buns
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 8 strips Crispy bacon
- In a small sauce pot, melt butter and saute the onion until transparent, on medium heat.
- Add whiskey and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef stock, bay leaf and tomato paste. Using a silicone covered whisk, stir until all combined.
- (To make the roux, combine 1/2 tbs soft (not melted) butter and 1/2 tbs of flour. Stir together very well.)
- Whisk in the roux, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking often. Take out the bay leaf before serving.
- Cook the burgers to your preference. I like to combine beef and pork ground meat and add some chopped onion, garlic clove, fresh herbs and a little bit of bread crumbs.
- Saute mushrooms and onions until caramelized and add a little bit of whiskey sauce.
- Top the burger off with sauteed mushrooms and onions, bacon and whiskey sauce.
- Enjoy your manly burger!