Another great idea for the upcoming holiday dinners, or for any other day really. It’s a spinach salad made with pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, pecans, crispy bacon and homemade pomegranate vinaigrette dressing.
POMEGRANATE SPINACH SALAD
This salad is not just beautiful, the flavor combination burst in your mouth like happy fireworks. Not only will this salad look amazing on your dinner table (and talk about perfect Christmas colors), it will also compliment just about any main dish. It is very simple but flavors can hold their own.
The sweetness of pomegranate is perfect with strong goat cheese. Pecans provide the crunchiness that we always look for in a salad and you can never go wrong with bacon.
I am absolutely in love with this Pomegranate Vinaigrette too. I love, love, love pomegranates and this might possibly sway me one way, but this really is a great dressing. It’s light but at the same time, it can’t be missed in the salad. It just ties the whole thing together with some sweetness and acidity. I can’t wait to try this dressing on a dinner salad.
MORE SALAD RECIPES TO TRY
Busy-at-Home : Pear Pistachio and Pomegranate Salad with Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
The Gunny Sack: Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad
Flour on My Face: Fresh Fruit Pomegranate Salad
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Pomegranate Goat Cheese Salad with Homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 5 oz pomegranate seeds
- 3 oz goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8-10 crispy bacon strips chopped
- 3/4 cup POMegranate juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- You can use a mason jar or another contained with a tight lid.
- Combine the ingredients for pomegranate vinaigrette in a mason jar.
- Close the lid tight and shake, shake, shake.
- Layer ingredients for the salad in a bowl, starting with spinach on the bottom.
- I do recommend that you prepare the salad right before dinner, while bacon is still warm.