Summer salad does not get better than this! Succulent baked salmon cooked and topped with flavorful strawberry balsamic glaze and served on a crisp salad.
I love a good summer salad almost as much as I love teasing my friends with pictures of what I make. It’s my own little ploy to get them to come and visit. Tasty food and good company is all I would need to have a good time, and there is definitely some good food happening here. I teased my friend with this salad quite a bit while making it, and I’m hoping she will come over to taste is pretty soon because this salad needs to be shared.
Let me tell you, this salad made me weak in the knees. Soft, flaky baked salmon is perfectly complemented with a sweet and tangy strawberry balsamic glaze. I’ve already confessed my love for balsamic vinegars to you and a few days ago, I introduced my best friend to white balsamic vinegar. Ever since I discovered it myself a couple of years ago, I feel like it’s my job to let others know about it so they can fall in love with both balsamic vinegars.
Reduces balsamic vinegar is way too addicting to. I can eat my weight in caprese salad if it’s made with reduced balsamic vinegar. When it comes to a caprese salad, I like it with either reduced white balsamic or regular dark balsamic. They are both delightful in their own way. When it comes to seafood, I definitely give the preference to the regular balsamic, like with this salmon or my shrimp salad.
This whole salad will take you about 25 minutes to make. It’s really a nice dinner or lunch option because of how quick and easy it is. The glaze can be cooked in about as long as your oven pre-heats, saving a good amount of time. Salmon also bakes pretty quickly, just make sure to note the size and thickness of your salmon fillets. When making more than one at once, try to get salmon fillets that are the same in size and thickness so they cook evenly.
Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Baked Salmon Salad
- 8 oz salmon fillet with skin on the bottom
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Little bit of oil for baking
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 3 large strawberries
- 1/2 shallot
- Spring mix
- 2 large strawberries sliced
- 1/2 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 425. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease it.
- Rub the salmon skin with some oil and place it skin down on the prepared baking sheet. Season it with some salt and a bit of pepper.
- Start making glaze as you are preheating the oven. Heat up a sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the sauce pot and stir in brown sugar.
- Slice strawberries and shallots and add them to the balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer, stirring often, until it's cooked down to half the amount. Take off heat.
- Brush salmon with balsamic glaze on the top and sides.
- Bake salmon for 13-16 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet.
- Take salmon out and brush it generously with more balsamic glaze.
- Arrange spring mix, sliced strawberries, thinly sliced shallots, and feta cheese crumbles on a dish.
- Place salmon on top of the salad and drizzle a little bit of balsamic glaze on the salad.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!