Spring and warm weather is in the air. Fruit, spring veggies and salads are making their appearance all over at the dining room tables. I feel like you could use a new dressing recipe. I have a delicious Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette dressing for all your spring salads!
Spring is in the air. I love flowers blooming all around and great temperature outside. Mid seventies is the perfect weather, it’s just beautiful outside. When we go to a walk and a jog, I am just enjoying the great smells all around.
It would be a complete perfection if it wasn’t for all the pollen around. It “snows” pollen in Florida like you wouldn’t believe. Everyone is walking around looking like Rudolph and my car is yellow, when in reality it’s blue. I like to play a little game in the morning as I drive the little man to school, I call it “who has a garage?” Of course, if the color of their car matches mine, they do not (hehe). During pollen season, is the only time that I enjoy rain…lots and lots of rain.
Now, back to the beauty of spring. Fresh, light fruit and veggies at the stores and farmer’s market. Your beautiful fruit filled salads deserve a delicious fruity dressing!
Even thought Ranch Dressing is my all time favorite, I like a vinaigrette on my salads as well. Balsamic is a great one but I am yet to try making it myself. (Yes, I’m sure that I will make it and share it soon enough.) Fruity vinaigrettes are wonderful too, especially in the spring and summer.
Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
- 5 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- Cooked raspberry mixture from above
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, combine raspberries, 2 Tbsp brown sugar and lime zest and mix well. Cover and cook for about ten minutes, stirring often. Blend the berries, carefully, with an immersion hand blender. Do be careful because the mixture is not too deep.
- Let the berry mixture cool to room temperature, in the mixing bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously for a few seconds.
- Refrigerate in the air tight container.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes: