This new pesto recipe will change your world! It’s made with pistachios, lemon, arugula, parsley and blended to smooth perfection that goes well with everything!
Have you ever tried something new (food of course) and knew that you were so in love that you had to recreate it immediately?! It happens to me quite often, I try something at a restaurant and I can’t stop thinking about it for days to come. I can’t help but try to figure out the recipe and make it at home, over and over.
This is exactly the feeling I got after trying an amazing new (to me) pesto at a fantastic beach-front restaurant last weekend. Hubs and I had a relaxing weekend at the beach and a wonderful dinner. They served a sampler of spreads with their bread and I fell head-over-hills in love with pistachio arugula pesto. I vowed to make it at home and I did!
Using pistachios in pesto was a genius idea and it was totally worth shelling the nuts for 30 minutes! I also believe that I improved this pesto a little by enhancing the citrus flavor of arugula with an addition of lemon zest and by adding creaminess to this pesto with Parmesan cheese.
Lemon Pistachio Arugula Pesto
- 1 cup pistachios unsalted
- 2 cups arugula packed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive or avocado oil more if you like your pesto thinner
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine your dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add oil and lemon juice and blend until completely mixed and smooth.
- Taste to see if you need more salt. Add more oil if desirable.
- Keep refrigerated, in an air-tight container.