Absolutely perfect combination of sugary doughnut sticks and cool pumpkin yogurt dip. This is one easy breakfast treat for the whole family to enjoy.
A tasty weekend breakfast treat can’t get easier than this!
Around holiday times, we all like to wake up to a special breakfast. I know I like to make a special breakfast for everyone. Be it Thanksgiving morning, Christmas eve, or any other special time, I like to make a treat for the family. And since it is a busy time in the kitchen, the easier I can make breakfast, the better.
That’s why this treat is so special. It’s a classic, sugared doughnut served with pumpkin yogurt dip. This yogurt dip has only 3 ingredients in it (4 if you wish you add caramel). Sweetness in this yogurt is very light, which is actually perfect for a doughnut that is covered in sugar and cinnamon. It’s like a perfect pairing that tastes absolutely divine in one bite.
I made this delightful dip with Silk dairy-free yogurt. I gotta tell you, it was the first time I’ve actually tried dairy-free yogurt. I drink Silk milks all the time, I love their coconut and almond milk. You know I’ve made many recipes with Silk Almond and Coconut milks but somehow, never got around trying yogurt.
My little man and I frequent Whole Foods store and that’s where I found Silk yogurts. I got a couple extra flavors to try out and I make this pumpkin yogurt dip using vanilla yogurt. It tasted so good, my husband could not stop eating it! We were both happy at how much we liked it, and that you could not taste the dairy-free difference in yogurt.
Pumpkin Yogurt Dip with Easy Sugar Doughnut Sticks
- 2 5.3 oz Silk vanilla yogurts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Caramel topping drizzle optional
- Doughnut sticks:
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits original or homestyle (8 count)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Oil for frying
- Combine yogurt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and whisk until completely smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator. (Add caramel drizzle before serving.)
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and pumpkin pie spice until completely combined. You will need to place coating sugar mixture into a container where you can fit the sticks to comfortably toss them. (I just used a small 2-quart rectangular casserole dish.)
- Open the can of biscuits and separate them. Cut each in half and roll each half into a 4-inch long stick.
- Fry doughnut sticks 4-5 at a time (or as space dictates it), until deep golden brown.
- Take out each doughnut stick with tongs onto a paper towel. (Drop the next batch into oil to cook.) After a few seconds on a paper towel, drop one into the sugar mixture and toss to coat. Repeat with remaining cooked, hot doughnuts.
- Serve doughnut sticks with pumpkin yogurt dip.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.