Absolutely perfect combination of sugary doughnut sticks and cool pumpkin yogurt dip. This is one easy breakfast treat for the whole family to enjoy.
A tasty weekend breakfast treat can’t get easier than this!
Around holiday times, we all like to wake up to a special breakfast. I know I like to make a special breakfast for everyone. Be it Thanksgiving morning, Christmas eve, or any other special time, I like to make a treat for the family. And since it is a busy time in the kitchen, the easier I can make breakfast, the better.
That’s why this treat is so special. It’s a classic, sugared doughnut served with pumpkin yogurt dip. This yogurt dip has only 3 ingredients in it (4 if you wish you add caramel). Sweetness in this yogurt is very light, which is actually perfect for a doughnut that is covered in sugar and cinnamon. It’s like a perfect pairing that tastes absolutely divine in one bite.
Pumpkin Yogurt Dip with Easy Sugar Doughnut Sticks
- 2 5.3 oz Silk vanilla yogurts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Caramel topping drizzle optional
- Doughnut sticks:
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits original or homestyle (8 count)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Oil for frying
- Combine yogurt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and whisk until completely smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator. (Add caramel drizzle before serving.)
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and pumpkin pie spice until completely combined. You will need to place coating sugar mixture into a container where you can fit the sticks to comfortably toss them. (I just used a small 2-quart rectangular casserole dish.)
- Open the can of biscuits and separate them. Cut each in half and roll each half into a 4-inch long stick.
- Fry doughnut sticks 4-5 at a time (or as space dictates it), until deep golden brown.
- Take out each doughnut stick with tongs onto a paper towel. (Drop the next batch into oil to cook.) After a few seconds on a paper towel, drop one into the sugar mixture and toss to coat. Repeat with remaining cooked, hot doughnuts.
- Serve doughnut sticks with pumpkin yogurt dip.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me:
Almond Joy Overnight French Toast Bake
Loaded Baked Potato Breakfast Skillet
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
Wow I’ll start dipping right now! That looks fabulous!
Thank you so much, Julie!!
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) says
This looks so good! I love everything about it!
Thank you so much, Jaren!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
What a great way to make a pumpkin dip! Plus the donuts! YES!
Thank you, Julianne 🙂 !