Stir up your dinner by serving these scrumptious Roasted Garlic Dinner Muffins. Soft, savory muffins made with roasted garlic, they would make a wonderful side dish to your dinner.
I created something fun for dinner this week and it will knock your socks off! Its savory muffins that are made with roasted garlic. The flavor, the texture and aroma are so amazing, you will love the bread more than dinner.
The second I bit into one of these muffins, I said “Oh, my gosh, Stinky Rose should serve it in their restaurant!” These muffins are perfect for a unique restaurant like Stinky Rose.
If you are not familiar, they are located in San Francisco and they definitely share my love for garlic. In their décor and on their menu, garlic is a heavy feature. Precisely why these muffins would be perfect there.
Roasted Garlic Dinner Muffins
- 1 roasted garlic bulb
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Optional: 1 thinly sliced clove of garlic for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400°. You can roast as many garlic bulbs as you wish, just roast them individually wrapped. You will need aluminum foil squares, each square big enough to wrap the bulb.
- Clear the very outer, sheer layers of of the garlic bulb but leave the thicker inner skin on. Keep the bulb intact. Slice off tips from garlic cloves on the bulb, just a little, about 1/4 inch.
- Place each individual garlic bulb in a middle on an aluminum foil square. Drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil over the top of the bulb and wrap the bulb in foil. Place wrapped garlic bulbs onto a roasting pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- (Check our roasted garlic post for making ahead and storing roasted garlic!)
Make The Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 12-cup muffin pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil and sour cream until smooth.
- Add bread flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until all combined.
- Add mashed roasted garlic and mix it in completely.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Optional: Slice the garlic clove thin and place a couple of slices on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden and toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.