Marvelous version of a classic egg salad sandwich (or side a side salad, it’s up to you). Everything is made better with avocado and in this case, there is creaminess from avocado and a little crunch from cucumber makes this one tasty egg salad.
AVOCADO EGG SALAD
I have a special soft spot for some egg salad. It seems so simple and “nothing to it” dish, but it’s always very satisfying and tasty. My favorite way of eating an egg salad sandwich has always been with pickle, slice of cheese and in a pita bread. (Okay, I should have had lunch before writing this post because I’m starting to drool just thinking about it.)
Well, I’ve found an even more delicious way of eating an egg salad sandwich. This one has definitely topped a
plain classic way of making this salad.
First of all, who doesn’t love avocado? Okay, well may be there are a few people that don’t love avocados but, as my husband would put it, “they are just wrong.” Everything is better with avocado. Just try it…trust me.
Second of all, this salad has a highly-desired crunch to it. There are cucumbers in it and they do add that perfect little crunch, while keeping it light and fresh.
And the last little touch, paprika. I started adding paprika to my egg salads only a few years ago and let me tell you, I’ve been missing out. Definitely add it!
If you notice, I also added my direction for making hard boiled eggs. I know that everyone had their own special method of making boiled eggs and this is mine. Feel free to try mine or just use your own. Either way, it will be one tasty salad.
I also recommend that yo try it on a sweet Kings Hawaiian but because the added touch of sweet bread goes perfectly with this egg salad.
Some More Potluck Recipes:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Avocado Cucumber Egg Salad
- 6 eggs hard boiled
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lg avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Hard boiled eggs: bring water to boil in a medium pot (enough to cover the eggs). Add eggs carefully, using a large spoon, so you don't crack the eggs. Cover, boil for about a minute and turn off the heat. Leave the pot on the same burner but with heat turned off. Let eggs sit in the pot for about 20-25 minutes. This method has not failed me yet but you are of course free to use your method of making hard boiled eggs.
- Peel and dice hard boiled eggs. Add them to a mixing bowl.
- Peel cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeded center, leaving just the outer meat. Dice the cucumber and add it to the eggs.
- Cut avocado in half. Take out the pit and gentry cut avocado meat lengthwise, then width-wise, not cutting through the avocado skin. Gently peel avocado skin off the meat and add avocado cubes to the mixing bowl.
- Add paprika, salt and mayo. Very gently, fold the salad, mixing all ingredients until combined.