Crab grilled cheese made with lump (or claw) crab meat, fresh tomatoes, crispy bacon, and lots of gooey mozzarella cheese. Finger-licking sandwich created just for seafood lovers.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Love seafood? Check!
Love bacon? Check!
Love grilled cheese? Triple check!
Looks like we have everything here to make you happy. Cheesy, juicy, crabby….wait, this sandwich is not mad at your, oh no! It’s stuffed with delicious crab meat that is quickly sauteed with lemon and garlic. Looking at this heavenly sandwich, you just know that it’s packed with flavor. And that makes it a happy grilled cheese.
I love this month. April being a National Grilled Cheese month is such an awesome excuse to eat grilled cheese every day. Have I been eating a grilled cheese every day? (Mischievous smile) May be. I did mention that I made a big list of grilled cheese sandwiches for hubs and I to try, when I talked about the Pepper Bacon and Blue Grilled Cheese. Well, I got way too curious about all the ideas I came up with and I really wanted to try them all. Some combinations did not work out quite as I planned them but many were pretty “wow.”
This was definitely a “wow!”
Now let’s talk about it…
Crispy, buttery bread holds tasty, juicy crab meat that has been sauteed with some lemon juice and fresh garlic. That you combine it all with slices of tomato and crispy bacon. Mmmm, bacon! But wait there is more. There is lots of gooey, melted mozzarella cheese hugging all that delicious stuffing. You might think that angels are singing while you’re eating this crab grilled cheese, but no, it’s your taste buds. Happy as can be!
Tomato Bacon and Crab Grilled Cheese
- 4 oz lump or claw crab meat
- 1 lg garlic clove munced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 Tbsp oil for cooking
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese sliced thinly off a block
- Some butter for the outside of the bread
- 2-3 slices of tomatoes seeds taken out
- 4 slices of crispy bacon
- (Claw crab meat can be a cheaper alternative to lump crab meat. Use either one but make sure to check the meat for possible bits of shell before cooking.)
- Heat up a cooking pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and then add crab, minced garlic, lemon juice and old bay seasoning. Mix well in a pan and saute for a few minutes, until the crab meat is cooked. Take out and set aside.
- Butter one side of the two slices of bread, the sides that will be the outside of grilled cheese.
- Place both slices of bread, buttered side down, in a pan.
- Divide sliced mozzarella cheese between the two breads, covering it as evenly as possible. Sprinkle a little salt over cheese.
- Layer bacon, tomatoes and cooked crab meat over one of the slices of bread. Cover it with the other slice once cheese starts to melt. (That way your cheese slices won't fly all over the pan.)
- Press gently and cook on both sides until all the cheese is melted.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!