Beautiful, sweet, tasty, and easy breakfast crescent rolls filled with strawberries. Perfect recipe for Mother’s Day brunch and any other occasion when you want to serve some pretty treats. Big and flaky crescent dough is filled with easy homemade strawberry filling.
Let me tell ya, my whole family is obsessed with these fabulous strawberry crescent rolls. Every time I make them, they fly off the tray in minutes. I mean, one after another, they just take turns sneaking into the kitchen and grabbing another one.
I don’t blame them. I want to sink my teeth into one as soon as I pull them out of the oven. But you only make that mistake once…once. These flaky crescent rolls are filled will a delicious, super easy vanilla strawberry jam. This jam is made in just 15 minutes on stove top. Each pastry is also dusted with a cinnamon sugar mixture to add even more yummy flavors.
I’m just hoping to wake up to these on Mother’s Day morning, since my husband and son woke up to it on more than one occasion. I’m mostly hoping that they will remember vs. the ability of baking them. They are actually super easy and fun for kids to roll the dough with the filling. My little man loves it almost as much as sitting by the oven and just watching them bake.
My mom often jokes that the only time she gets breakfast made for her is when my baby sister makes her birthday and Mother’s Day breakfasts. Unlucky for her, every four years, her birthday falls on Mother’s Day and she only gets one breakfast in bed that year. Lucky for me, my birthday is nowhere near Mother’s Day, so I get breakfast in bed a couple of times.
Breakfast in bed is so nice too. I love feeling pampered. That’s why my birthday and Mother’s Day are my favorite holidays (after Christmas or course.) I get to be pampered all day long. That means breakfast in bed, accompanied by a fresh, big cup of coffee of course. Everything gets cleaned up after itself that day, dishes get washed, laundry gets done, and I am NOT the one doing it. It’s awesome!
Some More Brunch Recipes:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Strawberry Vanilla Crescent Rolls
- 10 oz strawberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 12 oz package of Crescent Grands dough the big and flaky kind is awesome
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Chop strawberries and add them to a small sauce pot. Scrape vanilla seeds into the pot with strawberries. Add lemon juice, vanilla and sugar as well. Mix well until all incorporated. Simmer over medium heat for 13-15 minutes. A lot of the liquid will be cooked out (not all!), making it thicker and easy to spread without pouring out. Let cool to room temperature so you don't get burned.
- Preheat oven to 350 and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper.
- Open the crescent dough, unroll it and cut the predesignated triangles.
- Spread about a tablespoon of vanilla strawberry mixture over each triangle. Carefully roll up the triangles, starting at the wide end. Lay all the rolled strawberry rolls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix 2 tsp of sugar with 1 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle each rolled pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until raised and golden brown.