Strawberry Sauce is one of my favorite sauces to have on hand. It’s incredibly simple, fast and only has 4 ingredients. Perfect on desserts, pancakes, ice cream and more!
I was walking through the produce section the other day and an amazing scent caught my attention. I didn’t know what it was at first but I knew that is smelled heavenly and I had to have some. It was the display of fresh strawberries and the closer I got to it, the better is smelled.
Strawberries don’t really last long in my fridge so if I don’t use them or eat them right away, I turn them into strawberry sauce. Wilting strawberries are also the perfect candidates for the sauce. You know, the ones that are starting to get some wrinkles and are not pretty and plump anymore. They are still tasty so I quickly cook them and pour the sauce over the pancakes for my little man.
This strawberry sauce will easily become one of your favorites just like it is for my family. It is so simple to make, you can make it in just a few minutes at the same time you are preparing breakfast. The best part is this sauce goes great with so many dishes.
I’ve used it on pancakes, French Toast and waffles. It’s also great on cupcakes, ice cream, milkshakes and so many other baked goods you can imagine. Plus, who doesn’t love strawberries?!
HOW DO I MAKE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- This sauce is incredibly easy. It is my go-to sauce for so many dishes.
- It has only four ingredients that are combined together in a sauce pan and cooked for about 15 minutes.
- First, you would need to wash strawberries and cut off the leafy ends.
- Then, just chop strawberries and add them to a sauce pot.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla. Stir everything together, cover with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes. Remember to stir once in a while.
- After the berries are cooked, just blend everything together until smooth and pour it over ice cream, pancakes, and desserts.
HOW DO I USE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- This sauce can be use is so many ways, I’m sure I won’t even be able to make them all.
- Let’s think breakfast, strawberry sauce will be a beautiful compliment to pancakes, French Toast, crepes, and even spread a little on a bagel.
- I often mix some strawberry sauce when baking cakes or cupcakes. When mixing frosting and glaze, I’ve also added strawberry sauce for additional flavor.
- One of my favorite uses is my Homemade Strawberry Pudding. It’s so tasty!
- Layer some sauce in trifles, pour some over cheesecakes, and spread it in between cake layers.
- And of course, you can’t forget ice cream. Strawberry sauce over vanilla ice cream is a classic summer treat.
Easy Strawberry Sauce
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Chop strawberries and add them to a medium sauce pot, heating over medium heat.
Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir well.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
Use your immersion blender to puree strawberry mixture. (If you don't have an immersion blender, use a regular blender or a food processor.)
**If you will be using sauce in frosting or some kind of cream filling, strain puree to get rid of leftover chunks.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Raspberry Sauce from The Gunny Sack
Best Hot Fudge Sauce from The Cafe Sucre Farine
Vanilla Custard Sauce from A Family Feast
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce from Table For Two
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.