The best simple dinner that you can whip up in about 30 minutes. Comfort food at it’s tastiest, tortellini made with homemade pesto and Alfredo sauce.
PESTO ALFREDO TORTELLINI
This is the best, quick and easy comfort dinner I’ve made in a while and I’ve been craving more since taking the last bite. I’m staying strong right now but I’m afraid I’ll cave very soon.
We’re all moved in to the new house now. Boy, did I underestimate the sheer amount of time that a move takes and just how much stuff we had packed in our little apartment. Last time we moved, we were 17 and 23 and we were moving to our little 2 bedroom apartment. We had next to nothing to move. All we had in our bedroom was a bed (mattress on a metal frame), an old, refurbished dresser and a TV. We had a couch and a hand-me-down coffee table in a living room.
It’s so fun to reminisce about everything we had and didn’t have when we were just dating, while looking around at our first house with our son, after 12 years of being together. And while we are looking around and reminiscing, we are starving after the full day of unpacking. Quick and easy dinner like this delightful Pesto Alfredo Tortellini is just what we needed.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CREAMY PESTO ALFREDO TORTELLINI
Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to the package instructions, drain, and set aside.
In a small sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat and add pressed garlic. Saute until fragrant (just a few seconds) and slowly add heavy cream WHILE whisking. Heat through on medium heat, keep stirring slowly.
Add sour cream, Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until all smooth.
To Make Tortellini:
In the pot where you cooked the tortellini, add pesto and mix well. Add Alfredo sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Mix well and serve with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
- 20 oz refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup prepared homemade pesto
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 large clove of garlic
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- More fresh grated Parmesan for topping
- Cook tortellini in a large pot with some salted water, according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat and add pressed garlic.
- Saute until fragrant (just a few seconds) and slowly add heavy cream WHILE whisking. Heat through on medium heat, keep stirring slowly.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until all smooth.
- In the pot where you cooked the tortellini, add pesto and mix well.
- Add Alfredo sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Mix well and serve.
- Top each plate with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- (You can always served this dish with grilled chicken on top or a nice seared steak.)
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on January 29, 2016. Updated May 10, 2020.