All you need in the best comfort food dish. Chicken Bacon Pasta Casserole made with white chicken meat, crispy bacon, mushrooms, red onions, cheese and easy Alfredo sauce. You can’t go wrong with this Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Casserole for your family dinner.
Chicken Bacon Pasta
My kitchen is becoming more and more unusable with this move. Boxes everywhere and I’m trying to pack everything that I don’t use daily. Of course, the seconds I pack something away, I suddenly realize that I need it. How is it that I haven’t touched something in forever and I need it right after I pack it away?! Agh, I would just shut down the kitchen if my family didn’t insist on eating every…single…day. Not just that, three times a day!
I’m comparing moving with a giant spring cleaning and I’m getting an early head start on this. I’ve cleared out my linen closets and bathroom cabinets, and I can’t tell you exactly how many times I’ve uttered the phrase, “when in the world did we get this and why?” Or my second favorite, “how long has this been in here?” Well, the fresh start will be wonderful. (Although, at my next spring cleaning frenzy, I will find myself saying the same thing.)
So, to keep the family off my back for just a couple of days, I made this wonderful Chicken Bacon Alfredo Casserole. This is keeping them full and happy and keeping me free for all the packing I still have to do.
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Casserole
- 10-12 slices of raw bacon diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 12 oz dry pasta fusilli or rotini
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 1/3 cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepepr
- Cook pasta until mostly done, drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, cook chicken in a cooking pan, over medium heat with a little bit of vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Once it's done, take out and set aside until it cools enough to handle.
- In the same pan as you cooked chicken, add diced bacon and raise heat to medium-high. Cook bacon bits until deep golden and all fat is cooked.
- Add sliced onion and mushrooms to the pan with bacon. Mix and cook until mushrooms are cooked. Drain off some of the fat and add bacon, mushrooms and onions to the bowl with pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cube chicken and add it to the bowl with pasta.
- In the pot where you cooked pasta, you can cook Alfredo sauce.
- Melt butter in the pot over medium heat. Add pressed garlic and saute until fragrant (just a few seconds). Whisk in flour and slowly pour in heavy cream WHILE whisking constantly (I suggest using a silicone covered whisk). Heat through over medium heat, keep stirring slowly.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour Alfredo sauce into the pasta bowl and mix everything until all evenly incorporated.
- Transfer into the casserole dish and spread Mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!