Unbelievable hot dogs glazed with sriracha honey sauce, grilled to caramelized perfection and topped with cool nutty coleslaw.
SRIRACHA HOT DOGS
I think I’m in love. I’m in love with sriracha honey flavor and especially on grilled meats.
These hot dogs were marinated in sriracha honey and grilled to a fire-kissed perfection. The way fire caramelized this sauce on hot dogs is like a spicy-sweet heaven for your taste buds.
I topped off these awesome hot dogs with some easy, creamy coleslaw. Just for a nutty, crunchy kick, I added some cashews to my coleslaw. It was a great pairing to these flavor bursting dogs.
HOW TO GRILL THE HOT DOGS
In order to get the sauce to coat the hot dogs better, it needs to be spiral sliced. Make sure not to cut all the way through.
Slather the hot dogs with the mixture of sriracha, honey, and soy sauce. Let the hot dogs marinade for about 30 minutes, white the grilled is being prepped.
Place hot dogs on a grill and spread a little more sauce over them. Grill until completely cooked and caramelized.
HOW TO MAKE COLESLAW
Thinly cut cabbage and shred carrot on a large grater.
Mix cabbage, carrots, sugar, vinegar, mayo, sour cream, cashews, salt and pepper until completely mixed.
I like to prepare the slaw ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator to get all the flavors marinade together.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Sriracha Honey Hot Dogs
- 7 Ball Park Park's Finest hot dogs slow smoked hickory would be best
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup halved cashews
- Salt pepper
- For better results, cut hot dogs on a spiral so that the sauce covers and caramelizes more surface.
- Mix sriracha, honey and soy sauce together until completely combined. Set a little bit of sauce aside to drizzle the hot dogs when ready. Place hotdogs in a bowl and mix it with sriracha mixture. Let it marinate while you get the coals ready for grilling.
- Place hot dogs on a grill and spread a little more sauce over them. Grill until completely cooked and caramelized.
- To make the slaw: thinly cut cabbage and shred carrot on a large grater. Mix cabbage, carrots, sugar, vinegar, mayo, sour cream, cashews, salt and pepper until completely mixed.
- Place each hot dog on a bun. Top it off with some slaw and drizzle with a little more sriracha honey sauce. (If you want a more awesome hot dog, place two hot dogs in one bun!)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.