Hot mushroom artichoke dip so delicious, you will want to take a dive and eat your way out. Cheesy warm dip made with Fontina cheese, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and it’s baked in an artisan bread bowl. (Dip itself is gluten free.)
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Wanna know what is the best thing about this dip? You can eat the whole thing in one fell swoop!
Although, it’s not just the edible bowl that’s awesome here, it’s the flavor that really puts it over the top. Freshly baked artisan bread is absolutely amazing, the texture and the taste. The best part about artisan breads is the perfectly crispy crust on the outside and soft, spongy, aromatic inside. When you fill it with creamy, cheesy, mushroom and artichoke dip…well that’s just heavenly.
I know it’s heavenly because I’ve had plenty of artisan breads in my life, they are the best. That is why I do and will continue to miss it so much. I’ve actually been doing really well handling the whole gluten free thing. So far, the hardest part was probably this bread bowl.
Since gluten doesn’t like me, I couldn’t eat this tasty dip with this tasty bowl so I settled for the dip without the bowl. It was a little tough watching my husband enjoy the bread and the dip and then hearing how much my in-laws enjoyed it, but I felt a little better by the fact that they really liked this recipe.
If you are like me and can’t enjoy the wonders of artisan breads, rest assured that you can still enjoy this dip very much.
To make this GLUTEN FREE:
1- Of course, don’t make it in the bread bowl. You can use a cast iron skillet or a baking dish to bake the dip.
2- All ingredients here are gluten free, you just have to be careful when buying them. Most cheeses are gluten free but DO still read the ingredients list to make sure there is no gluten like wheat, barley, rye, or malt listed. (Also watch out for triticale and some oats.)
3. Make sure to read labels on shredded cheeses because some companies use flour to keep cheese from sticking. Make sure to note labels on mayo and sour cream as well. From personal experience and reading through brand’s statements, most Kraft, Daisy, and Philadelphia products are gluten free, but still do check labels.
4- Choose gluten free dippers. Tortilla chips are commonly gluten free but again, read the labels first. There are also several potato chip and cracker options out there that are gluten free.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Fontina Mushroom Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 lb baby bella mushrooms
- 14 oz can of artichoke hearts
- 2 lg garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 5 oz Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Big round artisan loaf
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in grated Fontina cheese and Mozzarella cheese, set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms. Drain artichoke hearts and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Saute mushrooms and artichokes until mushrooms are softened. Smash garlic and add it to the pan. Cook until mushrooms are done. Add mushroom mixture to the bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Carefully cut off the top of the bread. Scoop out insides of the bread but make sure not to make the crust too thin or make any holes.
- Transfer the dip mixture into the bread bowl, place bread top back on and put filled bread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Cheesy Sausage Dip from Southern Bite
Cream Cheese Bean Dip from Lil Luna
Cannoli Dip from Homemade Hooplah
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip from The Chunky Chef
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!