The Strawberry Daiquiri a quintessential summer cocktail! It combines frozen strawberries, freshly squeezed lime juice, white rum, and sweet simple syrup. This delightfully simple cocktail takes only 5 minutes to blend up and is great for sipping on all summer long. Cheers!
I’m sure I don’t have to tell you just how delicious and refreshing is a perfectly made Strawberry Daiquiri. Chances are, you’re not only familiar with this drink, but you have fond memories of drinking them on the beach or at pool parties! And you already know that homemade ones are superior to anything you get at bars.
There are tons of benefits to making your own Strawberry Daiquiri! First off, you are using real strawberries and not stuff that comes pre-blended in cartons. You can also determine exactly how much rum you’d like mixed into it, and you can add more or less simple syrup as needed. The best way to make the most perfect cocktail just for you.
The best part is that making a Strawberry Daiquiri is simple in every way. It’s made with inexpensive ingredients and in just a few minutes. The steps are hassle free and easy to follow, so it won’t slow you down if you’re in the middle of a party. Just keep some extra strawberries in the freezer and you’re good to go!
How to Make a Strawberry Daiquiri
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Strawberries – You can use fresh strawberries and freeze them or buy already frozen strawberries for this recipe. Also, it’s always best to use organic!
- White Rum – Add more or less depending on how strong you want your cocktail to be. If you want it very strong, I don’t recommend adding more than 1 1/2 cups. To make it less strong, but still boozy, use only 1 cup of rum.
- Lime Juice – Freshly squeezed lime juice always adds the best flavor!
- Simple Syrup – I’ve found that 1/3 cup of simple syrup enhances the natural sweetness of the strawberries without overpowering them. However, you can add more or less to best fit your tastes.
Combine all of the carefully measured ingredients in a blender, then pulse until smooth.
Add a rim.
It’s optional, but a sugar rim is a fun little touch you can add to your Strawberry Daiquiri. Simply rub a lime wedge over the rim of a glass and dip it into some white granulated sugar. Brown sugar also works well.
Pour the Strawberry Daiquiri into the rimmed (or not rimmed) glasses of your choice. Garnish with strawberries or lime wedges if desired, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Strawberry Daiquiri be virgin?
Absolutely! This recipe makes a great and refreshing strawberry “smoothie” for the kids. All you need to do it omit the rum! If you find that it’s too thick without the rum, just add a splash of water or half water/half apple juice until the desired consistency is reached.
Can I add other flavors to my Strawberry Daiquiri?
Absolutely! Here are just some of the different ways you can get creative with your summery cocktail.
- Like a refreshing taste on a hot summer day? Add some fresh mint leaves to brighten things even more.
- If you’re an herb fan, you’ll like an addition of fresh basil leaves. They’re great when blended in or used simply as an aromatic garnish.
- Add some triple sec for a sweet hint of orange flavor. A splash of orange juice will also do the trick, but don’t add too much as it can make the drink thinner.
- If you like rum, pour a floater of dark rum on top.
- Use coconut rum for an even more tropical flair.
- If you’re making Piña Coladas as well, pour half a glass of piña colada and half strawberry daiquiri to create a Miami Vice cocktail. It’s the fun sweet, fruity, frozen summer drink!
- Mix other frozen fruits like mango, or bananas with the strawberries to get a little creative, but still stay true to the fruity flavor of the drink.
- 16 oz frozen strawberries*
- 2 cups ice
- 1-1 1/4 cup white rum** to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice 3-4 limes
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and close it.
- Pulse until everything is completely smooth.
- If you would like to do a sugar rim: rub a wedge of lime over the rim of the glass and dip it into white granulated sugar (or even brown sugar if you prefer).
- Pour in blended strawberry daiquiri into the glasses and garnish with strawberries, lime wedges, or both.