Simple weeknight dinner that will make your family swoon! Comforting ravioli dish made with quick creamy red bell pepper basil sauce and topped with shaved Parmesan cheese.
It’s the middle of October, it’s beautiful outside, and I’m sitting here wrapped in a blanket with a cup of hot green tea with honey and ginseng. Seems like the time of the year that is just right for non-stop comfort food.
Well, the time of the year is definitely just right but I’m not actually wrapped in a blanket because it’s cold outside, I’m wrapped in a blanket because I’m sitting right under the A/C vent and I don’t feel like moving my computer. The mood is also just right for some comfort food but the weather, well that’s another story. It’s still in the 80s and I don’t expect it to change for a while.
Weather be damned, I get in a fall comfort mood the second clock “strikes” September 1st. If I’d wait for the weather to turn into fall, I’d be making my first cup of hot cocoa in January. In Florida, we create our own seasonal atmosphere. You know, we buy fall colored leaves and use fake snow to decorate the house.
It’s alright though because if the seasons won’t come to us, we will forcibly bring them with fake decorations, pretend it’s all read, and enjoy them as much as our friends up north.
So, whether it’s 60 degrees outside or 80, comfort food will be a must on my dinner menu this time of year. Especially if we’re talking ravioli in a creamy red bell pepper and basil sauce. Especially if it’s topped with some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese. And, especially if we’re talking a dinner that only takes roughly 30 minutes to make!
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Ravioli in Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- About 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 5-6 large basil leaves
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- About 20 oz ravioli
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook ravioli according to the package instructions while you're preparing the sauce. Drain and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers and onions.
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Add sliced onions and peppers and saute until softened.
- Smash garlic and add it to the pan, saute until flagrant.
- Add vegetable stock, chopped basil leaves, red pepper flakes, paprika, and salt. Cook for about more 5 minutes.
- Transfer the content of the pan into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan and stir in heavy cream. Taste to see if more salt needed.
- Add ravioli to the sauce, stir and heat through.
- Serve right away with some shaved Parmesan cheese on top.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad from The Food Charlatan
Pasta with Creamy Spinach Sauce from The Pretty Bee
One Pot Shrimp Pasta from Cookies and Cups
Pasta with Turkey and Tomatoes from Diethood
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes From Me: