This Buffalo Chicken Burger is anything but bland! A juicy chicken burger in bold buffalo sauce sandwiched in a Brioche bun, and served with ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella cheese, and veggies.
Calling all buffalo chicken lovers! This burger encapsulates everything you love about that classic buffalo chicken flavor in every single delicious bite. And while it has all of the buffalo flavor you’re craving, it’s also all dressed up with the best accompaniments like ranch dressing and blue cheese to really send it over the top in the flavor department.
Flavor isn’t the only thing to love about this chicken burger recipe. It’s also got the most incredible juicy quality to it! Sometimes, chicken patties can be known for being a bit dry, but that’s just not the case here. The ingredients the chicken is mixed with and the fact that the patties are actually cooked in buffalo sauce ensures they don’t dry out at all.
This recipe is also so very easy and can be adjusted to your liking. When it comes to the sauce, personally, I prefer to use mild or medium because I can’t handle anything hotter. But if you like it hot and like it spicy, go for the hot stuff and make it a blazing chicken sandwich!
Ground Chicken – If you have your own meat grinder, you can always make this ingredient yourself. If not, no worries! Most grocery stores carry ground chicken in their poultry sections.
Bread Crumbs – Plain bread crumbs are best to use in this recipe, but you can substitute panko if needed. Use Gluten free bread crumbs if you need to keep this recipe gluten free.
Garlic – For the best flavor, always use fresh garlic.
Fresh Herbs – Dill weed and parsley will create the very best flavor.
Buffalo Sauce – use your favorite brand and heat level that you prefer. Choose the sauce that you already know you like because it will matter for overall flavor.
PRO TIP: Serve your burgers with Homemade Ranch Dressing for the BEST flavor!
See recipe card for complete information on ingredients and quantities.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Make the patty mixture. Combine the ingredients for the chicken burgers in a mixing bowl and mix well (1, 2). Scoop out the meat mixture (as big as you want the burgers) and form patties with your hands.
PRO TIP: for a more pronounced buffalo sauce flavor, add some sauce right into the mixture. If you want that flavor less pronounced, don’t adda any into the sauce.
Cook the patties. Cook the chicken burgers, over medium heat, for about 6-8 minutes of each side (3), depending on the size and thickness.
Adding the sauce. After you flip the chicken burgers, pour some buffalo sauce in the pan and over the burgers. Cook the burgers in the sauce until cooked through (4, 5).
My favorites include ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, green onions and mozzarella. Feel free to get creative – be sure to comment below how you altered your burger!
Store the burger patties by themselves in an air-tight food storage container, in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Let the patties cool to room temperature before transferring them into the storage container.
I recommend reheating them on the stove over medium-low heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.
In order for your chicken burgers to fall apart, you need binders. Good binders for burgers and meatballs are eggs, bread crumbs, milk-soaked bread, and mayonnaise. This recipe has a good amount of binders so your burgers should be sturdy. If your chicken mixture feels too thin, you can always add a couple more tablespoons of bread crumbs.
Another big reasons the burgers might fall apart is the pan. Some problems may include: pan has scratches, it’s not clean enough, not non-stick, or there is not enough oil.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Burgers
There are so many things that will go perfectly with this burger! If you’re trying to serve something to help cool down the spiciness of the burger, try a salad, celery sticks, Mashed Potatoes, broccoli salad, or a cucumber salad. Don’t forget to serve some extra ranch dressing on the side.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes To Try
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE leave a 🌟 star rating! Let me know how you liked it by leaving the 📝 comment below or share and tag me on social media @willcookforsmiles. DON’T FORGET to subscribe to my newsletter!
Buffalo Chicken Burger Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh dill weed
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce optional, to add to chicken mixture
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce to coat chicken burgers
- 2 Burger buns
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 3 tbsp Blue cheese crumbles
- 4 Tomato slices
- 1/4 cup Chopped green onion
- 2 Slices of Mozzarella cheese
- Combine the ingredients for the chicken burgers in a mixing bowl and mix well. (You can choose to mix in some buffalo sauce into the chicken burger mixture.)
- Scoop out the meat mixture (as big as you want the burgers) and form patties with your hands. Try to make your chicken patties as even as possible to they cook the same.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook chicken patties for 6-8 minutes and flip. Add some buffalo sauce to the pan and over the patties and cook another 6 minutes or until fully done.
To assemble the sandwiches:
- Spread some ranch dressing on the bottom bun, add some blue cheese crumbles and tomato slices. Add the buffalo chicken burger and top it off with some green onion and Mozzarella cheese slices.
- Gluten free: you can easily make these chicken burgers gluten free by using gluten free bread crumbs in the burgers and gluten free burger buns to make the sandwiches.
- Storing: Store the burger patties by themselves in an air-tight food storage container, in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Let the patties cool to room temperature before transferring them into the storage container.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating them on the stove over medium-low heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.