Soft, fluffy biscuits made with honey for a touch of sweetness and brushed with honey butter. These biscuits would be the perfect addition to any holiday and family dinner.
Biscuits or dinner rolls?
Both are great but which ones do you prefer to serve with dinner?
Personally, I love biscuits so much more. I think it all comes down to my unwillingness to mess with yeast, especially when preparing everything else for dinner. Biscuits are easy, fast and so fluffy and soft. They can save dinner in no time at all. Like that one time, when we were having a kind of a pot luck family dinner and noone thought they were bringing bread. Awkward!
30 minutes and biscuits are ready.
Or then you’re having the whole family over for a holiday dinner, you slaved in the kitchen all day and everything looks great. Then you frantically start to look around and realized that after all the planning and planning of the dinner menu, you forgot about the bread. But it’s not a disaster because…
30 minutes and fresh, warm, delicious biscuits are ready!
Biscuits can be even more awesome when you add different flavors to them. Like Jalapeno Cheddar Bictuits , Lemon Thyme Biscuits, or these fabulous Honey Butter Biscuits. I decided to make these biscuits a little sweet instead of salty and savory. The sweetness here is very mild but it compliments any dish so well. That mild sweetness satisfies that craving our taste buds have for a combination of sweet and salty.
You can even serve these for breakfast with tea. They would actually be quite perfect with tea time. “Who needs scones?!”
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Honey Butter Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 5 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Little more flour for kneading surface
- 3 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to combine ingredients.
- Chop cold butter into pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Mix on low, until batter resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour in honey and mix for a few seconds.
- Pour cold buttermilk into the center of the mixture. Mix until just combined, dough will be sticky.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour on top. Knead dough 5-6 times and pat into a ½ inch-think circle.
- Using a cookie cutter (about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter), cut out the biscuits. Rework dough scraps into a ball (kneading it as little as possible) and shape it into a circle again. Cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the baking sheet leaving about an inch in between.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter and honey. Using a pastry brush, brush each biscuits with honey butter mixture.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes (depending on the size of biscuits), until raised and golden brown.
- As soon as you take the biscuits out of the oven, brush them with more honey butter mixture.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Blueberry Biscuits from Call Me PMc
Perfect Biscuits Every Time from Mom on Timeout
Copycat Bojangles Cinnamon Biscuits from Life Love and Sugar
Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits from Snappy Gourmet
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!