This is probably the most HEAVENLY breakfast you can ever have! I am saying this with most confidence.
I love it when I make something just because I had leftovers and it turns out to be one of the best things that I’ve ever made. I had candied pecans left from making the Snickers Brownies and I just didn’t know what to do with it. Yesterday morning, it hit me…pecan covered French toast! Yes!!
No joke, best French toast you will ever have!!
1 cup of candied pecans
5-7 slices of French bread
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sugar
~ Preheat a medium cooking pan and coat lightly with some vegetable oil.
1. I just put the candies pecans in to a food processor, well really its an attachment to my hand-held blender. Just give it a few pulses so it doesn’t turn into powder. Transfer to a wide bowl.
2. Slice the French bread, a little bit on an angle.
3. In a wide bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar. Whisk well until all smooth.
4. Dip the bread into egg mixture, coating very well, and then into the pecan crumbs.
5. Place the crusted French toast slices into the cooking pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, on medium heat.
Evalee Lee says
This sounds soooo good! I used to cook, just plain old French toast ,for breakfast and always loved it.. Now that I have Colitis I’m unable to enjoy many delightful foods. Count your blessings and enjoy!
I am sorry to hear that. Thanks for stopping by to let me know the recipe looks good.
Debra Attinella says
I think I need to put this on my menu this weekend!!! heavenly looking!
I am featuring this recipe in my Frivolous Friday-Fall is Upon Us article. Thank you. Looks scrumptious and am going to try this definitely.