Unbelievable Apple Pie Stuffed French Toast. This Stuffed French Toast is topped and filled with an easy homemade apple pie filling.
Stuffed French Toast
Fall is almost here!! I am so excited…kind of…
Fall is my favorite time of the year, unfortunately I don’t get to see it in the always-green-always-hot-Florida. It will be 90s until December and trees are always either bright green or dull green. Yesterday, it was 105 and I wanted to run away!
At least I still get all the great fall holidays and delicious fall food. I do miss the beautiful fall colors, and smells, and weather. Would you believe that I haven’t seen “fall” or snow in 15 years?! (Ah…I hate FL.) Good news is that I will actually get to see some gorgeous fall weather and nature this October. I will definitely take lots and lots of pictures to share with you. It’s promising to be amazing few days!
A couple of weeks ago, I asked my Facebook followers if they were ready to see fall recipes and I was surprised at the overwhelming response. Nearly everyone is ready for pumpkin and apple treats! Well, if you are all ready, you know I’m ready!
While we wait for fall season to come, let’s enjoy this delicious apple pie breakfast! Obviously, it’s not Apple Pie for breakfast but it’s a good excuse to have an apple pie for breakfast.
I’m so happy about how this French Toast turned out! The entire time I was eating it, all I could say was “oh…my…gawd!” It is so easy to make and tastes incredible! Saturday morning breakfast that the entire family will love. It would also be perfect as Thanksgiving breakfast!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Apple Pie Stuffed French Toast
- 4 1-inch thick slices of French loaf
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Apple Pie Filling:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large apples (about 12 oz whole) peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, start to melt butter and brown sugar. When butter is melted, add diced apples, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Lower temperature to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until apples are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Set aside all the juice from cooked apples and about 1/2 cup of apples for topping of cooked French Toast.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract together, sugar and cinnamon together until smooth.
- Slice French bread slices in the middle but not all the way through.
- Preheat a cooking pan on medium heat and grease it with some oil.
- Divide cooked apples evenly among four bread slices, stuffing them in the center cut. Lightly press the slices to close them and generously dip in egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook French toast on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Top cooked French Toast with apples and syrup that you set aside.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Frittaffles from Real Food by Dad
Buffet Pancake Dippers from Lady Behind the Curtain
Cinnamon French Toast with Cream Cheese Glaze from Simply Gloria
Make-Ahead Vegetable and Bacon Egg Bake Skillet from Roxana’s Homebaking
More Breakfast Recipes From Me:
Originally Posted on Will Cook For Smiles on August 24, 2014.