Easy crock pot chicken dish that is full of possibilities. These pulled chicken tacos are made with creamy, delicious chicken that is very easy to put together in the crock pot.
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
I love crock pot recipes even though I don’t utilize it as much as I would like to. There are literally hundreds of crock pot/slow cooker recipes out there but I still use my crock pot only a couple of times a month. Some recipe don’t quite make sense to me as to why they would be made in a crock pot, because they still requite cooking parts of it on the stove top and then transferring them into the crock pot. In those cases, I say it’s easier and faster to finish cooking the dish in the crock pot. Although, when we start talking slow cooked, tender meats and soups, I’m all over it.
Every time I get a craving for some BBQ pulled chicken, or a tender slow cooked pot roast, it’s time to put my crock pot to work.
It’s been a crazy busy time around here and when we’re busy, time in the kitchen it harder and harder to find. That’s when I like to make a good amount of meats to have for the week because a side dish is always faster and easier to put together. So I pulled out my crock pot and made some AWESOME creamy taco pulled chicken.
I have a secret. Shhh…don’t tell anyone but it was supposed to be BBQ chicken at first.
I had a long busy day and when I got home at night, I just wanted to throw chicken in the crock pot for the next day. I put the chicken in the crock pot, added some onions and went to get the BBQ sauce. Uh-oh! NO BBQ sauce!
After rummaging the fridge, pantry, and cabinets, I decided to try something I haven’t tried before. Adding some taco seasoning to my chicken seemed like a good (and just as easy) idea. It turned out to be a VERY good idea, especially after adding some cream cheese at the last hour of cooking to make the taco chicken creamy.
How to use pulled chicken:
Make sure to try this delicious pulled chicken in tacos as well as…
and even Taco Lettuce Wraps.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Crock Pot Creamy Pulled Chicken Tacos
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow or red onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 1 oz packets of taco seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Lightly grease the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot, in one layer.
- Slice onion and add it over chicken.
- Add taco seasoning and chicken stock, cover and cook on high for about 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, gently mix the liquid and the seasoning, flip chicken breasts onto the other side, chop cream cheese into chunks and add it to the crock pot. Cover and cook for another hour.
- Using two forks, shred chicken meat. Mix everything very well that was cream cheese incorporates nicely.
- After chicken meat cools, transfer it into a container with air-tight lid and keep refrigerated until ready to use in tacos or other dishes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!