These amazing Bacon Burger Sliders will make every bacon lover very, very happy. This is a simple burger recipe that combines finely ground bacon with ground beef to create a juicy, bacon infused hamburger. These sliders are topped with fantastic bacon caramelized onion that is also made on the grill.
My husband and I were just talking about how Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are celebrated completely differently.
For Mother’s Day, most families go out to a restaurant but for Father’s Day, most families tend to stay home and grill or throw a BBQ party. Restaurants are packed on Mother’s Day, even the restaurants that you wouldn’t expect, like the ale houses and sports restaurants/bars. I’m surprised every year at how busy my husband’s restaurant is on Mother’s Day and it is a sports bar/ale house. They are packed from open to close every year, unlike on Father’s Day.
I guess moms prefer to be treated to a tasty meal they did not have to prepare for a change and dads want to a day with their grills full of juicy steaks and burgers.
Mmmm…juicy steaks and burgers are the best. My husband is going to be one happy dad this Father’s Day. He is actually getting a three-day Father’s Day celebration. On Friday, his Father’s Day gift comes in and a happy dance once he opens it. On Saturday, he gets to spend time with his dad and on Sunday, he gets to wake up to his favorite breakfast. He actually has too many favorite breakfast dishes so he is still working on narrowing it down.
For lunch, I’m thinking something with bacon, or burgers…or BOTH! I’m thinking of making more of these awesome Bacon Burger Sliders.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BACON BURGER SLIDERS:
This is the tastiest and the easiest way to make some juicy bacon burgers everyone will love.
Start with getting the ground beef that has some fast content and not too lean. I prefer to use 85%/15% lean to fat ration in ground beef.
Use a food processor or a blender to pulse raw bacon strips to create finely diced bacon to be mixes with ground beef.
Mix ground beef, pulsed bacon, and some salt and pepper with a wooden spoon. If you feel like you need to use your hands to get the mixture completely mixes, then mix with your hands very quickly after you use the spoon. You don’t want the fats to start melting from the body heat in your hands.
Quickly form small burger patties and cook them on the grill (or on stove-top).
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Bacon Burger Sliders with Bacon Caramelized Onions
- 1.25 lb ground beef 85/15% lean to fat ratio
- 6 oz raw bacon
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 slider buns
- Caramelized onions optional
- If preparing caramelized onions, please refer to this recipe: Grilled Bacon Caramelized Onions.
- Pulse raw bacon strips in a food processor or a blender until it's very finely chopped.
- Combine ground beef and pulsed bacon in a mixing bowl and add some salt and pepper. Be careful not to add too much salt because bacon already tends to be salty.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix as well as possible. Use your hands to mix as little as possible so that the fat doesn't start to melt.
- Quickly form about 8 small burger patties, if making sliders. (Larger burger patties if making regular burgers.)
- Grill slider patties in a veggie basket because they might be too small to place directly on the grill rack. Grill until desired doneness is reached. (Smaller patties will take much less time to cook.)
- Place cooked slider patties on the slider buns and top with caramelized onions, bacon, or any other toppings you wish.