This is a wonderful summer dish that’s not only delicious, it is really easy and quick! Linguine sauteed with snow peas and asparagus, in a light lemon herb wine sauce and topped with herb pan-grilled chicken.
I absolutely loved this dish and how flavorful it comes out for being so simple!
There are a few secrets that made this linguine dish so full of flavor. First of all, when I cooked pasta, I made sure to salt water and add some of this Herbes De Provence seasoning to the water while waiting on it to boil. This infuses pasta with herb flavor while cooking it. I normally cook my pasta in seasoned water (whatever best goes with the recipe) and I highly recommend you try it as well.
Second, I used the same pan to cook the chicken, then the veggies and then to saute linguine with the veggies. After the chicken is all cooked, there is a lot of flavor left in the pan and deglazing it with wine and cooking veggies in it gets all that wonderful browned chicken flavor in the sauce and veggies, and subsequently pasta.
Of course, lemon and herb combination is a great flavor in itself.
Lemon Herb Linguine with Chicken, Asparagus and Snow Peas
- 1/2 lb uncooked linguine
- salt for cooking pasta
- Herbes De Provence for cooking pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Herbes De Provence
- 1/2 lemon - juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for cooking chicken
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 asparagus stalks
- 1 cup snow peas
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package, adding salt and herbs to water. Set aside cooked, strained pasta.
- Preheat oil in a cooking pan on medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and herbs and cook on both sides until golden brown and fully done. Take out chicken breasts and set aside. Don't turn off the pan.
- Add wine to the hot pan dissolving the browned chicken residue, use wooden spoon to help scrape the sides and bottom. Add lemon juice, oil and some salt.
- Add the veggies and saute until veggies are bright and done to the softness you prefer.
- Add cooked linguine and mix very well until veggies, pasta and sauce are well incorporated.
- Slice chicken and either add it to the pan and mix it in or just add it to the plate on top.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!