Incredibly delicious Garlic Butter Shrimp dish. Buttery jumbo shrimp baked with garlic, lemon zest, fresh sage and MELT® organic butter spread. This dish can be made as dinner, appetizer or even finger food for the party.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
It’s not often (actually it’s pretty rare) that I use butter in cooking. Morning toast, pancakes, waffles, baked goods, yes, they need their butter. In cooking, on the other hand, I prefer using vegetable or olive oil as a healthier option. There are exceptions of course! One of those exceptions happens to be my favorite shrimp dish, Shrimp Scampi. Since that dish is made with a good amount of butter, I don’t make it too often.
This Garlic Sage Butter Shrimp is a variation of my favorite shrimp dish and it is heavenly! It’s also made with and great new ingredient that I learned about just recently.
This dish is made with MELT® organic butter spread, which is a healthier alternative to butter. It’s a luscious organic spread made from healthiest fruit- and plant-based organic oils like virgin coconut, flaxseed, hi-oleic sunflower, palm fruit, and canola for a much healthier butter alternative. It bakes, sizzles, drizzles, and melts just like butter, so it’s easily substituted in everyday cooking and baking. These spreads are also dairy free, soy free, trans-fat free, and gluten free. Most importantly, it’s available in Honey and Chocolate, which I can’t wait to try.
I absolutely loved substituting MELT in this dish. The whole favor pallet of this butter spread was perfect. It has a rich, nutty and subtly sweet flavor. This nuttiness and slight sweetness is absolutely perfect along side of garlic and fresh sage. These shrimp were finger-licking good!
Garlic Sage Butter Shrimp
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp or any size to your taste
- 4 Tbsp. MELT organic butter spread
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Zest from 1/4 lemon
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 6-7 fresh sage leaves
- Shaved Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse shrimp and take off the shell if necessary. Evenly spread them in a greased, oven-safe dish.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter spread and add thinly sliced garlic, lemon zest, minced sage and salt. Stir a few times and pour over shrimp. Spread and coat evenly.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over shrimp and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp. (Jumbo shrimp will take closer to 14-15 minutes.)
- Optional: Sprinkle some shaved Parmesan cheese as soon as you take shrimp out of the oven.
- Serve: with a side dish, as an appetizer or stick toothpicks in the jumbo shrimp and serve as finger-food at a party.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
More Recipes From Me:
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MELT® Organic. The opinions and text are all mine. #ButterImprovement *