Incredibly delicious Garlic Butter Shrimp dish. Buttery jumbo shrimp baked with garlic, lemon zest, fresh sage and MELT® organic butter spread. This dish can be made as dinner, appetizer or even finger food for the party.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
It’s not often (actually it’s pretty rare) that I use butter in cooking. Morning toast, pancakes, waffles, baked goods, yes, they need their butter. In cooking, on the other hand, I prefer using vegetable or olive oil as a healthier option. There are exceptions of course! One of those exceptions happens to be my favorite shrimp dish, Shrimp Scampi. Since that dish is made with a good amount of butter, I don’t make it too often.
This Garlic Sage Butter Shrimp is a variation of my favorite shrimp dish and it is heavenly! It’s also made with and great new ingredient that I learned about just recently.
This dish is made with MELT® organic butter spread, which is a healthier alternative to butter. It’s a luscious organic spread made from healthiest fruit- and plant-based organic oils like virgin coconut, flaxseed, hi-oleic sunflower, palm fruit, and canola for a much healthier butter alternative. It bakes, sizzles, drizzles, and melts just like butter, so it’s easily substituted in everyday cooking and baking. These spreads are also dairy free, soy free, trans-fat free, and gluten free. Most importantly, it’s available in Honey and Chocolate, which I can’t wait to try.
I absolutely loved substituting MELT in this dish. The whole favor pallet of this butter spread was perfect. It has a rich, nutty and subtly sweet flavor. This nuttiness and slight sweetness is absolutely perfect along side of garlic and fresh sage. These shrimp were finger-licking good!
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp or any size you prefer
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon - zest only
- 6-7 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp coarse salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 lemon - juice only
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Clean and de-vein shrimp in needed and then, rinse them in cold water. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- In a casserole dish that will comfortable fit the shrimp, combine butter, pressed garlic, lemon zest, minced sage, and salt. Pop it into the preheated over for about 5 minutes to melt.
- Once melted, carefully take it out of the oven, and whisk it together. Add cleaned shrimp and mix them well in the butter mixture. Spread evenly through the dish and put it back in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp. (Jumbo shrimp will take closer to 14-15 minutes.)
- Take them out of the oven and squeeze some lemon juice over shrimp. Carefully stir to mix.
- Spread shaved Parmesan cheese over the top and serve with your favorite side dish or as an appetizer.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
More Recipes From Me:
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MELT® Organic. The opinions and text are all mine. #ButterImprovement *