Perfect addition to any dinner. These Jalapeno Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits are soft and fluffy with a great cheesy flavor and a zesty bite from jalapeno peppers.
Whether you are deciding on bread to serve at your holiday dinners or just planning a weekend family meal, these Jalapeño Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits are absolutely perfect.
I am in love with how great these biscuits turned out! Seriously, I was doing a happy dance in my kitchen after tasting one. Actually, part of it was happy dance but the other part was “ouch, ouch, burned my mouth….should have let it cool first…this is delicious but ouch!!”
Warning: let biscuits cool before biting into it!
It will be hard to wait for them to cool down, I know, but you must. Or just don’t blame be for any ouchies you get.
You know what? You don’t have to limit yourself to just serving these fluffy bites of bread heaven just with dinner. They would be great for breakfast, lunch or snack too. Serve them with some white gravy or even topped with an egg. For lunch, use them as slider buns for mini burgers or sandwiches.
Possibilities are really endless and delicious!
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Mile High Perfect Biscuits from Something Swanky
Mozzarella Bubble Biscuits from Five Heart Home
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits from Recipe Girl
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Jalapeño Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold low fat buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 seeded minced jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Pinch white granulated sugar
- Little more shredded cheddar to top biscuits
- -Preheat the oven to 425 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, white pepper and salt. Mix on low to combine ingredients.
- Chop cold butter into pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Mix on low, until batter resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour cold buttermilk into the center of the mixture. Mix until just combined. Add cheese and minced jalapenos, mix until just incorporated, dough will be sticky.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour. Knead dough 5-6 times and pat into a 1/2 inch-think circle.
- Using a cookie cutter (about 2 inches in diameter), cut out the biscuits. Rework dough scraps into a ball (kneading it as little as possible) and shape it into a circle again. Cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the baking sheet leaving about an inch in between.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheddar on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until raised and golden brown.
Has become a go-to. Thank you for sharing!!
Your so welcome, Meg! Glad you like it! 🙂
What can I use in place of buttermilk, can I use regular milk or heavy cream
joanne taylor says
can you freeze the biscuits
Wow!! Fantastic recipe find. Wanted to use up some buttermilk and cane across this recipe.
Will definitely repeat and make a double batch next time
Thank you for the sweet compliment! I am so glad you liked them!
Yummy! I will definitely make these again. Might leave some seeds in the jalapenos next time because my husband and I like a little more spice.
I am so glad you liked them, Eunice! Thanks for taking the time to rate my recipe and leave a comment! 🙂
How many biscuits does this make?
It makes between 10-12 depending on how big you make them.