Beautiful and ever-so-delicious side dish perfect for spring dinners. These sunny, yellow lemon pepper potatoes are coated with a mixture of truffle oil, lemon zest and fresh cracked peppercorns.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Spring is coming, can you feel it? We are starting to feel it here in FL, then again, we haven’t really felt much of winter. But whether you’ve felt the wrath of winter or not, I’m sure you’re starting to feel the refreshing spring air.
I love this time of year. It doesn’t quite beat the fall season, but it’s definitely lovely. The weather is beautiful, temperature stays in a 70s and there is no humidity yet. The only downfall, although it’s a pretty significant one, is all the pollen! It’s been “pollening” for about a month now. From the end of February through beginning of March, the weather gets a bit bipolar and plants get very confused during that time. Cold one day, hot the next day. 70s during the day, 40s at night. I can see how it’s rough on the plants.
All this excess of pollen makes it very hard for people with allergies too. My little man has been having a rough time this “pollen season” and won’t even go to play in the back yard. I don’t blame him, I have to shovel the pollen off of the outside furniture every other day. Picture below very much sums it all up.
Well, even with this huge downfall of spring, it’s beautiful out and it puts me in a lovely mood. Makes me want to cook and bake bright, sunny things with lots of berries. In fact, many of my upcoming recipes involve lots of berries, citrus, and look bright and sunny.
These potatoes are such a delicious side dish, it would be perfect for your special spring dinners or just a family night. They are roasted in a delightful mixture of truffle oil, fresh lemon zest and fresh cracked peppercorns. If you want a stronger truffle flavor, you can drizzle a little bit of truffle oil right on top of the cooked potatoes. Delicious!
Make sure to subscribe for free e-mail newsletter and follow me through social media channels to keep up with the recipes!
Truffle Lemon Pepper Roasted Potatoes
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes
- 3 Tbsp truffle oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh cracked peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a large baking sheet (it's better to run it with vegetable oil to make sure there are no spots left un-greased).
- Wash and chop potatoes into about ½ inch pieces and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add truffle oil oil, lemon zest, fresh cracked peppercorns and salt. Mix very well, until all evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes on the baking sheet in one layer and try not to crowd them too much.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until nicely golden brown. (Time will depend on how big you cut your potatoes.)
- Optional: for stronger truffle flavor, you ca drizzle a little bit of truffle oil over potatoes after they are cooked.
Recipe from Lyuba at willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!