This Parmesan Shrimp Dip is very simple, incredibly delicious, and perfect for a casual family night. It’s creamy, cheesy and loaded with chopped shrimp.
We had a tough work week around here, I won’t go into any specifics but we needed some time to relax a have a little fun. Hubby invited his friend over and decided to order us pizza. Day off from cooking! I like it when he invites his friends over because they are so appreciative of my cooking.
I think hubby is a little spoiled with the great meals and doesn’t make as many yummy noise as his friends. How else is a cook supposed to know that she made something delicious without the yummy noise? So I decided to make something quick and easy for an appetizer.
I really didn’t feel like having pizza, I wanted shrimp! You know how sometimes you go out to eat and some appetizers look so good, you just make a meal out of it? I do that all the time. I also make myself easy seafood when I don’t have to worry about anyone else’s dinner. Hubby doesn’t like seafood, so it was all mine….well his friend helped.
Parmesan Shrimp Dip
- About 15 medium raw shrimp chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Mince or grate garlic and add it to the butter. Saute until the garlic starts to brown.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in heavy cream, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and a little bit of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture just starts to boil. Take off heat.
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces and spread them in the baking dish of your choice.
- Pour the cream mixture over the shrimp and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!