A Chocolate Martini a wonderful way to celebrate just about anything! After all, you always deserve to treat yourself to a dessert cocktail. There are only five simple ingredients to make this chocolate cocktail perfect, that is vodka, chocolate liqueur, Crème de Cocoa, whisper of vanilla, and milk.
There’s nothing quite like sipping on a dessert cocktail after enjoying dinner. As much as I love enjoying a normal dessert, I think dessert cocktails are even more satisfying. It’s not just the sweet flavor that helps hit the spot, but also the adult ingredients that help take the edge off after a long day.
Of all my favorite dessert cocktails, the chocolate martini is certainly at the top of the list. It’s got all the smooth richness of chocolate paired perfectly with an amount of vodka that’ll soothe your nerves.
Oh, and I do recommend using crème de cocoa and Godiva chocolate liqueur when possible, because both bring the drink something special. Really, if you follow this recipe down to the last drop, you’ll have the best chocolate martini! It’s got everything you’re craving in a dessert cocktail.
How To Make Chocolate Martini
Ingredients for a Chocolate Martini
You only need the following five simple ingredients to whip up this classic dessert cocktail.
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur – You can use another brand if you’d like and I’m sure it’ll still be tasty. However, I’ve found that this specific liqueur provides the martini with a delicious amount of chocolate flavor and overall smoothness.
- Crème de Cocoa – When making most dessert cocktails, this ingredient is one of the most used liqueurs. It’s sweet with a rich chocolate flavor, which is exactly what this martini needs.
- Vodka – As always, make sure you’re using a good quality vodka. Your martini will only ever be as good as your choice of ingredients.
- Whole Milk – Whole milk is best because it is creamy but not too heavy like heavy cream would be.
- Vanilla Extract – Make sure you’re using 100% pure vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla.
Start off by adding a few ice cubes to your favorite cocktail shaker.
Next, pour all of the ingredients into the shaker. Close the lid tightly to avoid any spillage. Give it a vigorous shake for a few seconds.
It’s optional, but I highly recommend dipping the rim of your martini glass into some chocolate syrup! It’s a sweet addition that’s fun and perfectly compliments the cocktail. You can also drizzle the syrup into the cocktail glass as well.
Pour the shaken chocolate martini into the prepared glass, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between crème the cocoa and Godiva chocolate liqueur?
Crème de cocoa is a tasty chocolate liqueur that’s primarily made with vodka, cocoa beans, and vanilla. It’s dark brown in color, sweet, and rich in chocolate flavor.
Godiva chocolate liqueur is smooth, silky, and creamy. It’s made with Belgium chocolate and a special blend of flavors. It has a much milder chocolate flavor than crème de cocoa and it’s also less sweet. Oh, and of course, the primary difference is that Godiva chocolate liqueur is creamy and crème de cocoa is not.
They’re both so different, yet so similar for what they contribute to the martini. I highly recommend using both and not skipping out on one or the other, because the way these two ingredients compliment each other is truly remarkable and make for the best sip every time.
More Martini Recipes:
- 1 oz Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz Crème de cocoa
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz whole milk or cream if you want it richer
- dash 100% pure vanilla extract
- Add some ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add all the ingredients for the martini into the cocktail shaker with ice, close tight, and give it a vigorous shake for a few seconds.
- You can dip the rim of a martini glass into chocolate syrup or drizzle some chocolate syrup inside the martini glass.
- Pour the shaken chocolate martini into the prepared glass and enjoy!