This Melon Mint Wine Spritzer is a delicious, refreshing summer cocktail, perfect for enjoying during all the summer outdoor (and indoor) parties. Fresh fruit, mint leaves, touch of sweetness, and white wine makes this sparkling cocktail perfect for hot weather.
So apparently, I can tell between a honeydew and a cantaloupe. I’ve made this cocktail with honeydew melon for the first time. It was for a party and it was quite popular. So when I decided to remake it to share with all of you, I went out to get another melon. While little man and I were shopping, I just grabbed a melon and didn’t even think twice that it was a different color and textured…duh.
I got home, all ready to make the cocktail, and was actually surprised that it was a cantaloupe when I cut into it. Then it hit me…that is not what a honeydew looks like. (Don’t be distracted when shopping!) Since cantaloupe actually had quite a bit more nutritional value than a honeydew, I went ahead and made the cocktail with it just to try.
It actually turned out just as tasty. Not as sweet, different melon flavor, but just as tasty nevertheless. You can decide for yourself now, if you want to make this spritzer with honeydew melon or a cantaloupe. For our next party, I am planning on making BOTH and using leftovers for a fruit salad.
With Memorial Day coming soon and kicking off the season of grilling and outdoor parties, it’s time for some delicious new recipes to be enjoyed in the summer. While I’m finding time to grill and test some recipes for you, I’m keeping you occupied with this tasty summer cocktail recipe.
Melon Mint Wine Spritzer
- You can use either honeydew melon or cantaloupe
- 1/2 honeydew or cantaloupe
- 1 cup fresh spearmint leaves
- 750 ml bottle of sweeter wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling not moscato
- 3-4 Tbsp simple syrup
- 12 oz club soda
- Spearmint leaves to garnish
- Cut melon in half. Set aside one half for cocktail recipe and the other you can use for party appetizers. Scoop out the seeds and take off the skin. Chop the melon into about 1/2 inch chunks. Add half into a bowl and half into the pitches.
- Add simple syrup and mint leaves to the bowl with chopped melon. Mash together mint, melon, and simple syrup. Try to press more on the mint to extract the juices. Add the entire content of the bowl to the pitcher.
- Add wine to the pitcher and mix well.
- I would recommend refrigerating for a couple of hours (or overnight) at this point, so that the spritzer gets more infused with the flavor.
- Add club soda before serving and gently stir.
Recipe from Lyuba, at willcookforsmiles.com, All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Very Berry Spritzer from Deliciously Sprinkled
Watermelon Peach Spritzer from What’s Cooking, Love?
Lemon Blackberry Spritzer from The Skinny Fork
Mojito Wine Spritzer from Lauren Kelly Nutrition