Delicious, aromatic, homemade soft cookies. Perfect treat for coffee and cookie lovers.
I have some fun new treats to share today. I’m sharing my new recipe for cappuccino cookies, aka “trouble for all cookie and coffee addicts.” They are so tasty, soft, and filled with espresso flavor and cappuccino baking chips.
I stumbled onto some cappuccino baking chips a little while ago, in a kitchenware/bakeware store. I love those kitchen specialty store. They are quite dangerous to peruse for a foodie. My kitchen is full of cookware and gadgets, I have more than enough. Yet, I still love to go into these stores and walk around for an hour or so. You just never know when you stumble onto something unique. I found many little plates and silverware that I use in taking pictures of my recipes like that. And more recently, I stumbled on a line of flavored baking chips.
They had quite a few different flavors but the ones that caught my attention were cappuccino chips. Of course, being a coffee addict like myself, it’s not a surprise that my eyes filled with hearts at the first sight of this discovery. I immediately got a couple of bags, because one is just not enough when it comes to making cookies.
Asking my little man if he wants to help me bake cookies is like asking a child if they would like some ice cream. He was in the kitchen, on top of his little step stool, all ready to bake before I could even finish the sentence. The excitement that goes on in my kitchen when we bake cookies is indescribable. Yes, we both like cookies a lot.
He was watching the cookies bake the entire time they were in the oven. He’d get a little closer, and a little closer, and a little closer, until his nose was practically on the oven door. Finally the beep…the long awaited beep. But then we have to wait for them to cool because you only make that mistake once (or twice, or three times).
Finally, we could try the cookies. Boy, oh boy were they good. SO good in fact that I had to put them on the high shelf not just so the little man doesn’t steal them but also so that I get a little deterred from devouring the whole batch at once.
**Note: the amount of caffeine in each cookie is really small, if you are worried about that.**
Cappuccino Cookies (Soft Cookies)
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cappuccino baking chips
- 3 tsp instant espresso + 1 tsp warm water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Stir instant espresso and water, set aside.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer on medium-high speed, for a couple of minutes.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, add sugars and beat for a couple more minutes.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl again and beat in eggs on medium speed, one at a time. Add vanilla and espresso.
- Lower speed to low and add flour, baking soda, and vanilla. Beat until just combines.
- Add cappuccino chip and fold until evenly incorporated.
- Scoop cookie dough with a cookie scoop and place them on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Cookie Recipes From Me: