This Cranberry Bread Pudding with Honey Whiskey Maple Sauce would make an amazing holiday breakfast or even a dessert, if served with a scoop of ice cream. Made with fresh cranberries that were first cooked with brown sugar and topped with an easy honey whiskey maple sauce.
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. #plantprotein *
Cranberry Bread Pudding
Do you ever get so hung up on deciding what to make for the holiday dinner that you completely forget to plan breakfast? Because I totally do that. I can spend weeks planning and preparing for the holiday dinners and not even think about breakfast. Breakfast on holidays is very important though, especially if you have out of town family coming and staying through the holidays. This Cranberry Bread Pudding would make a fantastic breakfast! I know what you are thinking, can it be prepared the night before? The answer is “yes, it can.” It can be prepared in the evening, covered and refrigerated OR it can be made right in the morning. I’ve made it both ways and it comes out great each time. The only thing to consider is to leave bread out to let it get stale and use a more dense bread. I absolutely love the flavor combination in this bread pudding. Pop of flavor from fresh cranberries and the sauce is what I particularly enjoy in this dish. Don’t worry, cranberries are first cooked with some brown sugar to give it sweetness and take out some of the bitterness and then added to bread pudding. The sauce is very simple but it compliments the whole dish amazingly.
This is another one of those dishes where I decided to try using Silk Almond milk. This time, I used Vanilla Almond milk since it’s a sweet bread pudding. Worked very well and it was delicious as always. Remember, all Silk products are dairy-free and gluten-free. (You can read up on the benefits of plant-based diet on their site!)
Cranberry Bread Pudding with Honey Whiskey Maple Sauce
Made with fresh cranberries that were first cooked with brown sugar and topped with an easy honey whiskey maple sauce.
- 1½ French Baguette
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups Silk Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey whiskey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Make sure you cut up your bread into ½-inch cubes and lay them out to get stale ahead of time.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, combine cranberries brown sugar and lemon juice. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until berries are soft and have given out juice. (5-7 minutes.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, Silk, butter, vanilla extract, allspice and sugar together until smooth.
- Carefully stir in cranberry mixture.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart, wide pan (or like a 9×9 baking pan) and spread bread evenly. Pour egg mixture over the bread, making sure berries are spread as evenly as you can. Press lightly and put in the oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 400 degrees. You can check for doneness by touching in the center, if it feels dense and firm, the eggs are cooked.
- Sauce: Preheat a small sauce pot over medium heat and add whiskey. Simmer for a few minutes to let alcohol cook out. Add maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir well and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pour sauce over bread pudding.
Recipe from Lyuba at willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Cocktails From Me:
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.