Tasty side dish to serve at your next BBQ party. This corn salad is made with grilled corn, bell peppers, onion and Cajun spices, creating a sweet and spicy flavor pallet.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
This is for real people! I’m deep into my mastering of the grill mission.
I’m grilling about two/three times a week and my husband is starting to feel left out. Not because I’m not spending enough time with him but because I’m not letting him spend enough time with the grill. This childish feud over the grill is really starting to get ugly. We’re still trying to decide who will be grilling at our next BBQ party. We’ve got a serious division of territory thing happening here.
“It’s my turn…” “No, it’s my turn…” “Oh common, you’re always the one to play with the grill, I’ve hardly even touched it!”
Yes, I do totally hear two 6-year-olds fighting over a new toy theme happening. But I don’t care, I want the toy! I might be the bigger person here and let him have it for the day. Although, I did just take a quick grilling class and really want to try the new techniques. The jury is still out on this one.
I may have to let him have the next BBQ party, he really doesn’t get to spend much time with the grill. He’s at work a lot and I, working from home, have the advantage of being able to grill any time.
Like the other day, I decided that I’ll make us some burgers for dinner so as soon as little man and I got home from school, I broke out the grill. I decided to make a corn salad first. I made this corn salad ahead of time because I was testing out the charcoals to try and find the kind I like best. (I’m finding out that I prefer regular charcoals to match-light ones.) Don’t worry, this salad is very simple and can be made at the same time as the rest of the food. You would just prep all the veggies and spices in a bowl while corn is grilling and once it is ready, cut it off the husks and add it to the salad. Mix everything together and you can serve this corn salad right away.
Cajun Corn Salad
- 5 ears of corn in husk
- 1/4 cup melted butter salted
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper adjust according to your heat tolerance
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dry garlic granules or powder
- 1 tsp dry onion granules or powder
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- Cut off tops from the bell peppers and take out the seeds. Mince both red and orange bell peppers and add them to the mixing bowl. Mince red onion and parsley and add it to the bowl too. Add spices.
- To grill corn:
- Prepare your charcoal until it's ashed over. Move it to one half of the grill so that you have a cooler grill side and a hotter grill side. Make sure the grate is clean.
- Snip the silk whiskers sticking out of the top of the corn husk but leave the rest of the corn in a husk. Lay it on the grill, with the bottom of the husk towards the cooler side of the grill. Close the grill and cook for 13-15 minutes, turning it every 3-4 minutes.
- Take corn off the grill and carefully, using tongues, take off the husk and the silk. Brush corn with melted butter and place back on the grill. Close the grill and cook, turning it every 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred on all sides.
- Take corn off the grill and cut the corn kernel off the cobs. Add corn kernel to the mixing bowl with prepared veggies.
- Mix well.
- Add grapeseed oil and mix everything until evenly incorporated.
- (**I recommend using grapeseed oil because of its smooth, mild flavor. It's beautiful in salads.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Cowboy Caviar Recipe from Culinary Hill
Mexican Street Corn Nachos from Closet Cooking
Country Fried Skillet Corn from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn With Bacon from Plain Chicken
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me: