Delightful soft cookies fresh from the oven! Oatmeal Cookies made with almond butter and they are perfectly soft and chewy.
The very first bite you take, will make sure swoon! These cookies are so soft and full of wonderful almond butter flavor. They are amazing fresh out of the oven!
Have you tried almond butter yet? I’ve been obsessed! Our favorite peanut butter, MaraNatha, in not available for now and I’m not sure when the brand will be bringing it back. So I’ve been trying their other products. I am completely obsessed with almond butter and I think I like it much better than peanut butter.
One evening, over the holiday break, little man asked me for some cookies in the evening. So I was going to whip up some oatmeal cookies for him, they are one of his favorites. (Although, he doesn’t discriminate much when it comes to cookies.) As I was starting to make the cookies dough, I decided to make them with some almond butter that I had. It was supposed to be just a fun night of baking experiments. I had no plans for blogging them…until I tasted these cookies. I wrote down the recipe right away and took pictures the next day. These cookies needed to be shared with the world!
Soft Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. It will probably take a couple of minutes.
- Add almond butter and beat on lower speed until all incorporated.
- Add egg and heavy cream, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla extract as well.
- On low speed, sift in flour, baking soda and salt, mix until all incorporated.
- Add old fashioned oats and mix it on low speed as well, just until combined.
- Scoop cookies onto a cookie sheet using a cookie scoop (#40 or #50). Roll each cookie with your hands into a ball and place on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press down each ball slightly. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from Brown Eyed Baker
Old Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies from Save Room For Dessert
White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies from Life, Love & Sugar
Crispy Chewy Oatmeal Cookies from Cookies and Cups
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Cookie Recipes From Me: