I just have to share one more recipe before Thanksgiving and I decided that you needed one more pie! I can’t imagine having enough pie ideas…never enough! This is a great twist on a classic pumpkin pie.
Pecan Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie!
I made a few changes to my old pumpkin cheesecake pie, I added caramel and glazed pecans. It turned out amazing and will satisfy everyone who loves pumpkin pie, pecan pie and caramel!
I got my family to vote on the pie they wanted for Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, everyone voted something different! I got pecan pie, apple pie, blueberry pie ….and so on.
Finally, I got the same answer from two people…my sister and hubby. (Majority rule.) They both wanted my pumpkin pie. More specifically, pumpkin cheesecake pie. Since I make it every year, I wanted to make it a little special. I added caramel and glazed pecans.
This pie turned out amazing!
So enough talking…all you want is the recipe anyway, hehe!
Pecan Caramel Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Deep dish pie shell
- 2 tbsp caramel
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp caramel for topping
- 1 cup halved pecans
- 1 tbsp maple syrup for pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drizzle the 2 Tbsp. of caramel over the pie crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add pumpkin puree and spices, beat until well blended. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract just until incorporated. Scrape the sides and mix well.
- Pour filling into the pie shell.
- Coat the pecans in maple syrup and set aside.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes and spread maple coated pecans on top of pie, evenly.
- Bake for another 30-35 minutes (the center of the pie will be a slightly jiggly but set at edge).
- Cool pie to room temperature and drizzle remaining caramel over the top.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
More Dessert Ideas: