This is a nice hot cocktail that parents can enjoy this holiday season after the kiddos go to sleep! This Adult Hot Chocolate is a scrumptious and warming hot drink make with homemade cocoa, Godiva and whipped cream vodka.
I can’t wait to enjoy another one of these babies on Christmas Eve with my family. Well, not the whole family. After all, this is for adults only!
Hubby, my mom and I will definitely toast in front of a fire with this delightful hot cocoa that doesn’t just warn your soul, it warms everything inside!
Hot chocolate is the ultimate comforting drink to have on a chilly holiday evening. Make it a little extra special with chocolate flavored liqueur and whipped cream flavored vodka. Best way to relax after a long day!
Adult Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 1/2 oz Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 3 oz whipped cream vodka
- Whipped cream and chocolate syrup for garnish optional
- In a small sauce pot, on medium heat, add the chocolate chips.
- Once they start to melt, start poring in the milk, while stirring with a silicone covered whisk. Stir until all melted and smooth.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring often, and add vanilla, chocolate liqueur and vodka. Stir and cook for about a minute.
- Divide among the cups and top it off with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This was amazing! Do you think it would work with heavy whipping cream!?
I would use whole milk or half and half because it will be too rich and thick with whipping cream and it also burns easier.
Made this tonight for a Covid fire pit on a cold night and it was delicious!!! Thank you. I didn’t do the whipped cream or syrup, which I’m sure would have made it better. Also, I used regular vodka. This is a keeper.
That sounds fun! I am so glad you liked it!
Just found your site and I love it! This holiday I will be making your hot chocolate recipe!
Looking forward to more great recipes!
Aw thanks, Marcia! I hope you like it! 🙂
This sounds so good… I’m going to have to try it before making it for a party. I shared it on facebook, and visited your facebook page and liked it 😀
Thank you so much, Norma!! I hope you will like it 🙂