This new grilled cheese sandwich will knock your socks off! It’s made with garlic bread and loaded with gooey mozzarella cheese, pine nuts, and prosciutto.
ITALIAN GRILLED CHEESE
I can’t wait any longer for the National Grilled Cheese Month to start. I have a fun new Italian grilled cheese to share and it’s extra special because…it’s made ON GARLIC BREAD!
That extra pop of flavor that comes from making the grilled cheese on garlic bread is something special. To compliment garlic bread the best, I packed it with great Italian flavors. Pine nuts, fresh basil, prosciutto, and of course, gooey mozzarella cheese came together perfectly to make this Italian sandwich divine.
After making this grilled cheese, I fell in love with these flavors so much that I made a pasta dish and a quinoa dish using this flavor pallet. I added some pesto to the pasta dish to add moisture and make the flavors pop. As good as those dishes were thought, they didn’t quite compare to the beauty of the garlic bread grilled cheese.
Some More Grilled Cheese Recipes:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Italian Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of Italian bread
- 1 1/4 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese block melts best
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3-4 basil leaves minced
- Mix butter and pressed garlic clove together with a fork until completely combined. Butter the outer sides of each slice of bread and get some butter mixture on the sides too.
- Slice mozzarella cheese thinly.
- Preheat a cooking pan big enough to fit two slices of bread over medium heat.
- Place bread slices, buttered side down, in the preheated pan.
- Divide slices of mozzarella cheese among both slices of bread, spreading them evenly. Let it cook until cheese starts to melt.
- Spread pine nuts and basil over cheese on one slice. Place prosciutto on top of nuts and basil, spread it evenly over the bread slice.
- Cover the slice that's loaded with nuts, basil and prosciutto with the other cheesy slice of bread. Press gently and let the grilled cheese cook until the cheese is completely melted, flipping as needed.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.