This new grilled cheese sandwich will knock your socks off! It’s made with garlic bread and loaded with gooey mozzarella cheese, pine nuts, and prosciutto.
ITALIAN GRILLED CHEESE
I can’t wait any longer for the National Grilled Cheese Month to start. I have a fun new Italian grilled cheese to share and it’s extra special because…it’s made ON GARLIC BREAD!
That extra pop of flavor that comes from making the grilled cheese on garlic bread is something special. To compliment garlic bread the best, I packed it with great Italian flavors. Pine nuts, fresh basil, prosciutto, and of course, gooey mozzarella cheese came together perfectly to make this Italian sandwich divine.
After making this grilled cheese, I fell in love with these flavors so much that I made a pasta dish and a quinoa dish using this flavor pallet. I added some pesto to the pasta dish to add moisture and make the flavors pop. As good as those dishes were thought, they didn’t quite compare to the beauty of the garlic bread grilled cheese.
Some More Grilled Cheese Recipes:
Peppered Bacon and Blue Cheese Grilled Cheese
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Steak and Onion Grilled Cheese
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Italian Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of Italian bread
- 1 1/4 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese block melts best
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3-4 basil leaves minced
- Mix butter and pressed garlic clove together with a fork until completely combined. Butter the outer sides of each slice of bread and get some butter mixture on the sides too.
- Slice mozzarella cheese thinly.
- Preheat a cooking pan big enough to fit two slices of bread over medium heat.
- Place bread slices, buttered side down, in the preheated pan.
- Divide slices of mozzarella cheese among both slices of bread, spreading them evenly. Let it cook until cheese starts to melt.
- Spread pine nuts and basil over cheese on one slice. Place prosciutto on top of nuts and basil, spread it evenly over the bread slice.
- Cover the slice that's loaded with nuts, basil and prosciutto with the other cheesy slice of bread. Press gently and let the grilled cheese cook until the cheese is completely melted, flipping as needed.
PLease include Nutritional Information on ALL of your recipes!
ANNE MARIE HIGGINS says
Just found your site and am anxious to try your grilled cheese. I live on it, but this is even better.
Thank you for all your thoughts….
~ Anne Marie ~
This looks like my sort of sandwich. I especially like the inclusion of the pine nuts!
I really hope you will try it and like it, Aidan!
Bernadette. Fratini says
Everything looks so good. I love grilled cheese. I put tomatoes with oregano & crushed red pepper . Great but yours is so creative. Garlic bread is so ingenious. Thanks a lot .
sonakshi saxena says
Hey, Team, its was awesome reading this detailed recipe labour garlic bread
Julian Butyniec says
I have a copy of your Italian Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese. One more thing I would like to point out. It would be nice if you included a photo of your recipe in your printer friendly version. What l do now, is print the printer friendly version and then print your non printer friendly recipe with the photo and then cut out the photo and tape it to the printer friendly version. I use up too much ink and paper with this method.
Hmmm, that’s a good suggestion! I’ll poke around and see how I can add it to the recipe card 🙂
YUM! My hubby would love the steak version of this…!
Thank you, Leanne! Steak is a man’s weakness, indeed 🙂
Marqueeta Hartman says
These sound delicious. Cannot wait to try one. Thanks for the recipes.
Thank you, Marqueeta 🙂